13 Things That You Need To Add To Your Summer Bucket List

13 Fun Things That You Need To Add To Your Bucket List For The Ultimate Summer Away From Home

"Lake days are the best days, and therefore the perfect addition to any summer bucket list."

32
Ashley Oldham

With summer within finally within reach, you're probably starting to wonder what all you're going to do. Sure, you have classes, internships, jobs, and everything else in between — but no summer is complete without a little excitement and fun added to the mix.

So, if you're looking to have the best time during your summer away from home, then look no further. Here are 10 things that you need to add to your bucket list for the ultimate summer away from home.

1. Take a trip to the lake.

Lake days are the best days, and therefore the perfect addition to any summer bucket list.

2. Go on a road trip.

Road trips are the first idea that comes to mind when I think of summer. Take a trip to your favorite destination, or a new destination — and have some fun.

3. Visit a new local coffee shop every week.

This bucket list item comes straight for number one on my own personal bucket list. You can find me and my friend trying new local coffee shops every week this summer.

4. Spend a day in the sun.

Whether it's the sun shining on your back porch, or the quad at your school — summer wouldn't quite be complete without a few days in the sun.

5. Go on a hike with friends.

Hiking is FUN — or, at least, it can be. This summer, hike somewhere beautiful with some friends, and top your summer bucket list with some good old fashioned exercise.

6. Spend a night under the stars.

Lay out a blanket in your backyard (or the nearest piece of land), and check out the constellations with friends.

7. Paint pottery or canvases with your besties.

I love a good painting class, and I am always a fan of painting pottery. It's the perfect get together for you and your besties this summer.

8. Have a girl's night in.

Put on a face mask, paint your nails, watch a movie, and have a wonderful girl's night in.

9. Take a day trip to the beach.

I LOVE the beach, especially over the summer, so it's the perfect addition to any summer bucket list.

10. Go to a local concert.

Find a local concert near wherever you're staying this summer, and check out what could potentially be your new favorite band. Explore new music!

11. Picnic at a park.

Sandwiches, potato salad, fresh fruits and veggies — all of this would make the perfect backdrop to the perfect summer picnic.

12. Try a new dinner recipe.

Peruse Pinterest and find a recipe that sparks your interest. Summer is the perfect time for a little creativity in the kitchen.

13. Explore your home away from home.

Get out and explore. Summer is short, but it's also sweet and oh so very wonderful. Don't get stuck sleeping in or laying around — get out and see what the world has to offer.

No matter what you decide to do this summer, be sure to take advantage of each and every day. Summer is a precious, special time to grow and enjoy life in fun and exciting ways. Make the most of your summer — and make your own summer bucket list.