I Tested Drunk Elephant, And It's Totally Worth The Hype

I Tested Drunk Elephant To See If It's Actually Worth Its Cult Following And Hype — And For Me, It Totally Is

Short answer: yes. Long answer: it depends.

23

Skincare enthusiasts and fanatics like myself have probably heard of Drunk Elephant or have seen it while wandering through Sephora. Cultivated with science in mind, Drunk Elephant claims to benefit all skin types with a biocompatible formulation that boosts the health of your skin.

The brand is free of essential oils, drying alcohols, silicones, chemical sunscreens, fragrances/dyes, and SLS, which honestly sounds amazing and is exactly what I am looking for.

Looking at the steep price tag, I can't help to wonder: Is it worth it? $68 for a moisturizer, $32 for a cleanser, and don't even get me started on the serums. On a college student's budget, it's hard to justify spending this much on something I will have to rebuy in a couple of months when I finish it. It is definitely a LUXURY.

But, I hate to say this, the price tag made me even more curious.

But before buying full-sized products, I picked up a couple of samples to try out and I can honestly say that I love what I've tried. As someone with both sensitive skin and acne, Drunk Elephant has really worked wonders for my skin.

I can't say for sure if it will work for you, but here are my 3 favorites that I think you should try for yourself.

1. Protini™ Polypeptide Cream

Amazon

From the website: "Protini's proprietary formula delivers younger, revived-looking skin, almost from the first application. Lines, wrinkles and signs of sun-damage appear reduced and skin feels strengthened and moisturized."

Why I love it: It has an amazing texture, it's not too heavy, it gives my skin great moisture, it doesn't make my skin oily.

2. Beste™ No. 9 Jelly Cleanser

Amazon

From the website: "With a unique blend of mild surfactants and makeup dissolving emollients, this gentle formula rinses away without an ounce of residue, leaving skin clean and soft."

Why I love it: It actually cleans my skin from the gunk of the day while still being sensitive on my skin. I have never had a bad reaction to this cleanser, which for me is rare.

3. Umbra Tinte™ Physical Daily Defense SPF 30

Amazon

From the website: "A tinted, physical broad-spectrum sunscreen that delivers powerful UVA/UVB protection and helps aid in the prevention of free radical and oxidative damage as well as photoaging for a more youthful-looking complexion. Plus, a hint of tint for a gorgeous, glowing finish."

Why I love it: It's lightweight and doesn't make my face look like a ghost.

Basically, if you wanna treat yourself consider trying out Drunk Elephant. The price is a little crazy but you really get what you pay for.