The Best Skin Care Products Said By TikTok Skin Enthusiast

Skin care does NOT have to be expensive!

1542

TikTok has been a source of information for me during this quarantine. Recently on TikTok, I scrolled across an extremely informative Cornell student, John Dombrowski. He is known as @jc.dombrowksi on TikTok. His videos range from marine biology to proper skin care. His education in chemistry and biology supports his claims that he makes about skin care. He is the holy grail TikTok skin enthusiast. Science supports his claims, not an online esthetician certificate that only took 4-6 months to complete.

Here are some of the best skin care products on the market ranging from makeup remover, face washed, moisturizers, serums, and more! And the best part is... they are affordable and accessible for everyone!

Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water

Ditch the makeup wipes! I am confidently speaking to my girls who religiously use Neutrogena Makeup Remover Wipes. Many wipes contain harsh chemicals and even fragrance. Overall, they don't do a good job removing your makeup. This explains the slimy residue left on your face after using makeup remover wipes. They're also pretty bad for the environment! Lessen your carbon footprint AND boost your skin by switching products!

A great alternative is the Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water. It lasts longer, it's affordable, and does not contain harsh chemicals! It is an all-in-one product, meaning, it removes makeup, cleanses, and refreshes, but Dombrowski suggests to always wash your face with a proper cleanser after removing makeup.

CeraVe 

CeraVe's best products are their hydrating facial cleanser which retails for $10.99 and their daily moisturizing lotion which retails for $9.99. He also recommends CeraVe hydrating sunscreen which comes in 30 and 50 SPF. All of these products work on all various skin types such as dry, normal, combination, and oily.

Pro-tip: Never use products that contain fragrance.

The Ordinary

The Ordinary can look super intimidating by their packaging and fancy chemical words BUT Dombrowksi breaks it all down for user friendly people.

Retinol targets lines, texture, and signs of aging. It is purposely packaged in a dark tinted bottle to prevent destabilization.

AHA BHA Peeling Solution is a chemical exfoliant that targets fine lines, texture, hyper-pigmentation, scars, blemishes, etc. Results seem to be instant from everyone! Make sure you follow the directions thoroughly as it could damage your skin if used more than recommended. Wear an SPF!

Niacinamide Solution does not treat acne but it does treat hyper-pigmentation that is left over after acne! It's important to not use a Vitamin C serum along with this because it can destabilize the Vitamin C.

100% Organic Cold-Pressed Rose Hip Seed Oil helps fight active acne and scars that acne may leave on your face.

Salicylic Acid Masque is amazing for acne prone skin! It dissolves bacteria or gunk that clog your pores. Use an SPF after to prevent photo sensitivity.

Overall, The Ordinary products are affordable and they lack any harmful additives such as alcohol, gluten, silicone, and fragrance. It's important to note that you should always spot test these products before using on your entire face. Most of their products are under $15 too!

Pro-tip: Never touch the dropper to your face! Drop the product into your hands and rub in clockwise motions!

To all the girls and guys out there, stop spending money on products that celebrities produce! Research the heck out of the ingredients! A lot of beauty influencers claim water should be high on the ingredient list. In some cases, yes, but water can often destabilize the product and defeat it's whole purpose! Buy products based off science, not an influencer opinion!

From Your Site Articles