Why You Should Always Wish Upon Shooting Stars

Dreams can come true, but you have to believe

132

Some people believe that shooting stars are a myth. They believe that the shooting stars are literally just meteors falling from the sky, and they are, at a scientific standpoint. But then there are those people out there, like myself, who believe that if you wish upon a shooting star, that you wish will come true.

I have proof that this can happen.

About a month to two months ago, I was driving to Kansas City. Something told me to look up at the sky as I was passing over the Missouri River, and when I did, a shooting star made its way across the sky. Of course, I did what any person would do. I made a wish. I wished that the person that I fall in love with will love me for who I am. That I wouldn't have to change anything to make them like me and that they would like me for my personality and not just my body. I wished that this person would be someone who I could do anything with, whether it be corny walks and picnics or nights in watching movies.

Big wish, right? I know what you're thinking, "How the hell did that come true?" Let me explain.

Three years ago, when I moved to a town three hours away from home, not knowing anybody but my sister, I met this guy who became my best friend. Now, I'm not saying that this friendship came easily, because it didn't. If you know me in person, you know that I'm a hard person to get along with. This progressed and we started hanging out more. It wasn't until this summer that we ended up actually telling each other how we really felt and ended up dating.

I never thought I would be able to tell someone that I loved them and actually meant it ever again, especially after everything has happened to me over the course of three years. But here I am, still standing strong, and being happier than I ever thought I could be. God has a plan for all of us, and even though you think He may be out to get you, He isn't. He can only do so much, it's you yourself who has to make the final jump through the ring or be give the final "okay, fine" and open the door up that He has placed right in front of you. If I never did, I wouldn't know what I would be doing.

So please, by all means, wish on shooting stars. Wish on every single shooting star you see, because even though it's classified as a myth, that could be God's way of saying, "I'm listening, speak to me."