She's More Than My Mom, She's My Best Friend

"First my mother, forever my friend."
587

We all have had a best friend throughout the course of our lives. We had a best friend when we were five, a different best friend when we were fifteen, and another best friend to this day. It could have been the girl down the street or the girl who sat next to you in class. These best friends came and went, but for me, only one stuck.

That is my mom.

My mom was always the one who was my shoulder to cry on, someone to laugh with, the woman I look up to the most, and my rock. She was always knows what to say and what to do. I can trust her with my personal issues, and I know for a fact she'll put me in my place and tell me when I'm wrong.

She is my biggest supporter and fan.

Any recital, competition, or event, she was there cheering me on. She held my hand walking into Kindergarten and let me run free when I left for college. Through every milestone in my life, she was there.

She has never let me down.

I've had many friends not show when I need them most, but my mom always was. She stood up for me when I couldn't defend myself and always answered the phone when I needed advice. She has never stopped loving me, even when I make the biggest of mistakes. She'll let me get mad at her for things she wouldn't let me do because everything she did was because she loves me. No matter how old I get, she will never stop protecting me and making sure I'm okay.

She knows me better than I know myself.

She knows when I'm upset, no matter how hard I try to hide it. She knows when I'm happy, nervous, excited, or angry.

She's given me life without asking for anything in return. She's taught me how to fight for what you want, to never give up, and to be strong. She's helped shaped me into the woman I am today, and I would be nothing without her.

Thank you for being my best friend Mom, I love you.