Seniors, Enjoy Your Last Semester, You'll Miss It

Has senioritis got you down? Are you unmotivated to finish school at this point? Don't rush through this time in your life!

419

"Senioritis" is a term that is known by many and probably all students ever. It's when you are in your last semester or year of school and you know that you are so close to graduation. Your mind stops working, literally. You stop being able to focus on anything that has to do with school and your motivation drops from 100 to 0 in one day. This is currently where I'm at right now.

What makes it worse for many like me, is that first, the school takes your GPA after the fall semester to determine your academic recognition so your grades in your last semester really don't matter as much. Secondly, I have a job lined up upon graduation as many others do. Because of this, the last semester seems like a waste of time. However, it is not!

You need to change your mindset overall. This is the last semester where your biggest worry, or one of your biggest worries, is school. This is the last semester where you can attend sorority or fraternity events with your friends. Your last spring break. Your last few months of being able to go out on a weeknight and not having it be weird. There are plenty of things to look forward to this semester without looking too far ahead to graduation.

How do you do this you ask? Make a list of all of the events and traditions that you and your friends do. This would include those pesky Greek Life events that you will miss, going to Taco Tuesday every week and if you're from Arizona State University, Vine Wednesdays. Get excited looking at your calendar and enjoy the little moments. Feel a sense of relief every-time you turn in an assignment because then you're one step closer to your end goal. Let out a BIG sigh of relief when you pay your LAST tuition bill.

Another important thing to remember is that you never know what the future holds. Maintaining good grades in your last semester is important for graduate schools, law schools, medical schools, etc. Even if you don't have those plans now, your goals may change and having that opportunity is crucial.

There is plenty to look forward to in the next few months before graduation though it is hard to see. College is fun so don't waste the last time you get to attend a lot of these events and take advantage of things you can do in college that are not acceptable in the real world. Remember, though grades are important and doing your work is essential, this last semester of college is about having the time of your life and not trying to grow up too quickly.