11 Self-Love Quotes To Live By

11 Self-Love Quotes To Live By

Sometimes all we need to give ourselves is a little bit of inspiration!

56

When was the last time you truly took time to love yourself? What I mean by that is complimenting yourself, whether it's your favorite features or characteristics. What I mean by this is doing things that let your soul shine and be free. What I mean by this is setting time aside to appreciate the wonderful being that you are.

Here are some of my favorite self-love quotes of all time, and I hope you encompass them in your life!

"You owe yourself the love that you freely give to other people."

i.pinimg.com

Humans are social creatures. They strive for validation and approval of others. This is done by doing things that make other people happy. It's okay to spread love to others, but it's important to give yourself that same amount of love and respect. Without it, you're not going to be able to love others.

"Love yourself. Be clear on how you want to be treated. Know your worth. Always."

i.pinimg.com

Know your worth. Know your limits. Know how you are supposed to be treated and never expect anything less. Without holding yourself to a higher standard, it will reflect outward to other people. This may cause others to take advantage of you. Stand your ground no matter what.

"And I said to my body, softly, 'I want to be your friend.' It took a long breath, and replied, 'I have been waiting my whole life for this."

i.pinimg.com

Society makes us so critical of our bodies. They must conform to a certain image in order to be considered beautiful. All bodies, no matter the shape or size, are lovely. We need to be grateful for our bodies: they're capable of so many things. Give love to your body, and it will give love back.

"Life is too short to spend it at war with yourself."

i.pinimg.com

If we're spending all our time and energy putting ourselves down, we're going to miss out on life's wonderful moments. Put down the weapons: it's time to stop fighting against yourself. Be at one with yourself, and you will enjoy life so much more.

"Your biggest commitment must always be to yourself."

i.pinimg.com

We all have so many commitments: work, school, relationships, family, friends, your health. It can be overwhelming to balance everything at once. In order to be able to focus on the task at hand, you must be first committed to yourself 100%.

"Confidence is not, 'They will like me.' Confidence is, 'I'll be fine if I don't.'"

i.pinimg.com

Part of loving yourself is having confidence in yourself. If you are worried about what others think, you're going to get caught up in it and lose yourself. Don't ever lose sight of yourself out of spite of wanting someone else's approval. You can get along great without validation.

"Work on you, for you."

i.pinimg.com

You're working on yourself? That's great! But, who is it for? If it is for someone else, forget about it. Work on yourself for your own reasons. You will be more likely to succeed in your goals by doing so.

"A flower does not think of competing to the flower next to it. It just blooms."

i.pinimg.com

Flowers are just flowers. They grow into the most breathtaking sights. They don't worry about if they're growing too slow, or if they're not vibrant enough. They just do what they do. You need to do the same. A life spent comparing yourself to others isn't a happy one.

"It's okay...to make mistakes...to have bad days... to be less than perfect...to do what's best for you... to be yourself."

i.pinimg.com

All of these statements in this quote couldn't be more true. It's okay to not be okay. It's okay to not be perfect. All of our imperfections are what make us who we are. That is astounding in itself.

"Just in case you have forgotten today: You matter. You are loved. You are worthy. You are magical. 

i.pinimg.com

You're more than worthy. You are a blessing to another soul, regardless if you're aware of it or not. You are loved. You are a magical being, and nobody can take that away from you.

"Treat yourself like someone you love."

i.pinimg.com

If you saw your parent, your sibling, your boyfriend/girlfriend, or your best friend talking badly about him/herself, what would you say? What would you do? You would probably list off all the reasons why they're so great. Do the same for yourself.