Favorite Quotes

23 Of Your Favorite Quotes, On Standby

No one memorizes quotes in 2018, that's ridiculous.

199
Journal

I'm sure you have been asked once or twice in your life what your favorite quote is. Be it for your high school yearbook or just in general conversation, one always feels the need to make the quote as groundbreaking as possible. However, no one really knows any quote except the ones that have been said over and over again since the beginning of time. If you're looking for a brand new favorite, perhaps here would be a good place to start.

1. "There is some good in this world, and it's worth fighting for." —JRR Tolkien ("The Two Towers")

It's difficult to see the good in things. But once you find it, it's impossible not to see.

2. "Get busy living or get busy dying." —Stephen King ("Different Seasons")

You have to go one way or the other! (Preferably the former.) Make it count!

3. "DON'T PANIC." —Douglas Adams ("The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy")

A good mantra. Of course, panic a little, but ultimately try not to.

4. "It's no use going back to yesterday because I was a different person then." —Lewis Carroll ("Alice's Adventures in Wonderland")

You grow everyday! You can't change things that have already happened or you wouldn't be yourself.

5. "If we wait until we're ready, we'll be waiting for the rest of our lives." —Lemony Snicket ("The Ersatz Elevator")

If you keep waiting for the right moment, it will never come. It really is now or never.

6. "The worst enemy to creativity is self-doubt." —Sylvia Plath ("The Unabridged Journals Of Sylvia Plath")

An extension of the last quote, don't doubt yourself! Your potential is limitless!

7. "If you're making mistakes it means you're out there doing something." —Neil Gaiman ("Make Good Art")

Even if you fall down you can get right back up. Don't be afraid to fail.

8. "To define is to limit." —Oscar Wilde ("The Picture Of Dorian Gray") (Good yearbook quote, can confirm.)

All of these quotes are super inspirational, wow. Don't put a limit on yourself because chances are you're never going to try to surpass it.

9. "Some infinities are bigger than other infinities." —John Green ("The Fault in Our Stars")

Your infinity is as large as you'd like to be! You are 110 percent in control!

10. "It is never too late to be wise." —Daniel Defoe ("Robinson Crusoe")

Don't forget to learn from your mistakes. You can ALWAYS learn to improve.

11. "Anything worth dying for is certainly worth living for." —Joseph Heller ("Catch-22")

Don't die for something when you could do a much better job working toward it while you're alive. Not being a ghost is very helpful in changing the world!

12. "I'll hold on to the world tight someday. I've got one finger on it now; that's a beginning." —Ray Bradbury ("Fahrenheit 451")

The world can be yours if you want it to be, you just have to start small.

13. "Perhaps one did not want to be loved so much as understood." —George Orwell ("1984")

It's important not only to love your friends and family, but to understand their struggles as well.

14. "We live as we dream—alone. While the dream disappears, the life continues painfully." —Joseph Conrad ("Heart Of Darkness")

This quote is kinda sad. Conrad is right in saying that we are always alone, but maybe we should try to embrace the feeling rather than be scared of it.

15. "I was within and without, simultaneously enchanted and repelled by the inexhaustible variety of life." —F. Scott Fitzgerald ("The Great Gatsby")

This quote is just really cool and when you read it out loud the words flow together nicely. What Fitzgerald is trying to say is that life is exhausting and you can feel a multitude of things during it; there's no real balance, just the back and forth.

16. "Real courage is when you know you're licked before you begin, but you begin anyway and see it through no matter what." —Harper Lee ("To Kill A Mockingbird")

Don't be afraid! Try the scary thing even if you're scared the entire time. It will in fact be worth it!

17. "How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." —Anne Frank ("The Diary Of A Young Girl")

Always remember that the moment for change is right now. The right moment is never on it's way because it's already here!

18. "Fight till the last gasp." —William Shakespeare ("Henry VI")

Short powerful quotes are the coolest. They just sound really badass, you know? Anyway, don't give up until you absolutely must.

19. "As long as the heart beats, as long as body and soul keep together, I cannot admit that any creature endowed with a will has need to despair of life." —Jules Verne ("Journey to the Center of the Earth")

As long as you have your body, soul, and heart, you needn't despair over your potentially wonderful life.

20. "The mind is its own place, and in itself can make a heaven of hell, a hell of heaven." —John Milton ("Paradise Lost")

However you think and act is completely up to you!

21. "I know not all that may be coming, but be it what it will, I'll go to it laughing." —Herman Melville ("Moby Dick")

However bad life may be, hang on to your humor with a death-grip. Sometimes it's all you have to get you through a difficult time.

22. "Logic may indeed be unshakable, but it cannot withstand a man who is determined to live." —Franz Kafka ("The Trial")

Sometimes you've just got to throw logic out the window and do what you've got to do.

23. "It's better to look at the sky than live there." —Truman Capote ("Breakfast At Tiffany's")

Though the sky may be nice, sometimes it's better to just observe than fly.