self love quotes

25 Of The Best Tweets About Self-Love

I am in no rush to find love because I already have it in myself.

682
Chani Corpus

I'm shamelessly on Twitter 24/7. I have "liked" tens of thousands of tweets, and my favorite part is finding people who write about how I'm feeling when I don't even know how to explain it myself. A lot of those tweets are about not feeling good enough or not reacting in a positive way to whatever life throws at you. Twitter has thousands of tweets about the best way to approach self-love-- like learning how to be good on your own, recognizing your self-worth, and knowing what to look for in a good relationship. If you're looking for a new mindset in 2019, these 25 tweets can help you think of yourself in a new, loving way.

1. Know how to be good with being alone

"Sometimes we stick around in these things for the idea of what it once was, of what love is, of that you want love in your life. But at this point in time it has nothing to do with him anymore and everything to do with you. So regardless if he is the love of your life, if he is the one, if he is the end to the Disney movie... Regardless this is your time that you have to grow just with you. You have the opportunity to shit on the world right now." Watch the full video for Mac's amazing insight on thriving when alone. We miss you dude.

2. Remember you are enough

The right person sees you, and loves you, for you.

3. Be the sun

You are light and warmth.

4. Pace yourself

Overextending yourself for people who are only doing the bare minimum is only hurting you.

5. Be patient

If you have love in yourself you can never be unloved.

6. Be a queen (or king)

Remember your time is a privilege, not a right.

7. Don't try to change yourself for anyone

Thank you, Mrs. Bieber.

8. Take your time

Just a little self-promotion, I guess.

9. Love and live well

"Let go of things not meant for you."

10. Don't be soft with love

Shout it from the rooftops. If you love someone, tell them.

11. Put more effort into your goals than "dating"

This spring semester I'm taking 5 classes equalling to 18 credits, 2 classes of which are honors. It's perfect for me because it leaves less time for overthinking and more work to do to fill up any free time.

12. Be your own #1 fan

Everyday look yourself in the mirror and give yourself a compliment.

13. Work for what you want

Get that money girl! Work your butt off so that you can say you earned it.

14. Be like Elle Woods

Go to Harvard Law School, get that degree, work for that revenge body. Don't let anyone ruin your life.

15. Don't let other people distract you

It sucks that feelings can change overnight, but if you're focused on yourself rather than their varying feelings won't matter as much.

16. Don't be afraid to let things go

Just because things go wrong doesn't mean they go bad.

17. Acknowledge when you are where you want to be

All of the years it took to get here will not go to waste.

18. Be your true self

Whether that's goofy, smart, quiet, bubbly, etc. Be you. You're amazing.

19. Focus on what you can control

Find your strength.

20. Give yourself a break

It's okay to not be okay all the time. It's okay to fail. Let yourself fall and pick yourself up when you can.

21. Be proud of yourself

Love your progress.

22. Be thankful for your progress

You're doing amazing, sweetie.

23. Don't question your own beauty because of others

"You are beautiful no matter what they say." -Christina Aguilera -Damian from Mean Girls.

24. Know that you will be okay

There's so many new people to meet and so many new things to love. You will be okay.

25. Explore the good "what ifs"

What ifs don't always have to be scary.

Love yourself, treat yourself well, take care of yourself. You got this.