Some Self-Care Tips Based On Your Love Language

Self-care is an active part of our lifestyle and there is truly no "right" way to do it

37

Who says love languages only play a role in strengthening romantic relationships? Self-love is the most important form of love because it acts as a window to your soul, further empowering you to love others. Dr. Gary Chapman's "The Five Love Languages" can also be applied to yourself whenever you require some pampering and me-time! These five love languages are words of affirmation, receiving gifts, quality time, physical touch, and acts of service. However, one or two of these are actually your primary love language. Keep on reading to figure out which love language resonates with you the strongest.

Words of affirmation:

Words of affirmation are an especially crucial love language that we all need at various points in our lives. Whether we are dealing with professional setbacks or conflicting perspectives, we must motivate ourselves by praising ourselves or hearing positive feedback from colleagues and loved ones. Essentially, speaking or hearing words of affirmation will ultimately invigorate our self-confidence to conquer all odds! Constantly saying "I can do this, I love myself, My presentation rocks, etc. will intensify your resolve to maintain a healthy work-life balance along with loving yourself more.

Receiving Gifts:

Indulging in a shopping spree completely devoted to yourself, taking the time to try new clothes, and finally buying them will make you feel special and loved. In fact, a gift does not only have to be materialistic. You can treat yourself to a day off and plan a weekend getaway with your best friends or family! The possibilities are endless so treating yourself to exotic gifts will make you appreciate yourself a bit more.

Quality time:

Apart from hectic work schedules or responsibilities towards family, it is tremendously important that you take some time off and focus on me-time. Me-time is a necessity, but not always a commodity that people take seriously. We all deserve a break from the hullabaloo of life and need to spend some quality time with ourselves. Pampering yourself with a spa day or relaxing bubbly hot water bath will relieve any type of stress you may experience. Sometimes, all the heart and mind yearns for are peaceful moments of solitude. Solitude is the best time for vivid imagination to kick in and can inspire you to grow as a person.

Physical touch:

Caressing your skin and hair are immaculate forms of self-care that you don't always need a romantic partner for. For pregnant women who are experiencing the joy of motherhood for the first time, simply touching their belly will reinforce their self-love as well as their motherly love for their baby.

Acts of service:

Strive to make things easier for yourself by engaging in activities that increase efficiency and overall quality of life. For instance, write things you want to get done on your "To-Do" list and then get things rolling. Simply crossing each thing off, regardless of its magnitude, will constantly remind you of the acts of service you are doing for yourself as well as others in your life. Even something as simple as cooking dinner for yourself will leave you with a sense of individual accomplishment. In other words, partaking in activities that maximize productivity and wellness will provide you with the tools to become more self-reliant and independent.

Self-care is an active part of our lifestyle and there is truly no "right" way to do it.

We need to love ourselves first before gathering the stamina to provide love to others. Also, remember that you are in control of your needs and desires. So don't forget to give yourself the love and comfort you truly deserve!