If SEC Football Coaches Were 'Game Of Thrones' Characters

Winter is here and so is college football season.

1777
HBO

Through seven seasons of "Game of Thrones," we've watched the battle for the Iron Throne slowly unfold. As the battle for the Seven Kingdoms comes to an end next season, the battle for the South Eastern Conference will continue for years to come. Here are all 14 SEC football coaches as "Game of Thrones" characters.

1. Alabama, Nick Saban - Jon Snow

Nick Saban has always made the right decisions. He consistently has a top recruiting class and even died once at the Miami Dolphins before being reborn at Alabama. He's the king of the SEC, and everyone might not love him, but everyone does respect what he has accomplished. Likewise, Jon Snow seems to always make the right decisions. He was able to convince the Wildlings to fight with him and united the North, proving his ability to recruit is right up there with Nick Saban's. He's the King of the North and everyone respects him. There's no greater similarity than the one between Saban and Snow.

2. Ole Miss, Matt Luke - Tommen Baratheon

Matt and Tommen both inherited a crumbling kingdom. With the Ole Miss program tanking from the Hugh Freeze scandal and recruiting violations, Matt Luke is just living with the consequences.

3. Auburn, Gus Malzahn - Bran Stark

In the very first season of "Game of Thrones," Bran was pushed from a tower which ultimately completely paralyzed him. Similarly, Gus has experienced the highs of a national championship as the Auburn Offensive Coordinator in 2011, only to be pushed from the tower that is the SEC as he became Auburn's head coach. From crushing losses to some of Auburn's biggest rivals, Gus just can't seem to get his team back on their feet again (pun intended).

4. LSU, Ed Orgeron - Hodor

Have you ever heard Ed Orgeron talk? Enough said.

5. Georgia, Kirby Smart - Sir Davos Seaworth

Kirby Smart remained by Nick Saban's side for many years before taking the head coaching position at Georgia. He learned from the best and chose his leaders wisely. Sir Davos takes Jon Snow's side and becomes a loyal companion as the series progresses. Both Kirby and Sir Davos were sidekicks to some of the greatest.

6. Vanderbilt, Derek Mason - Lord Varys

Derek Mason and Lord Varys both came from next to nothing. They have made a life for themselves when all odds were placed against them. Not to mention, they're both bald (or close to it).

7. Kentucky, Mark Stoops - Tyrion Lannister

Just like Bob Stoops' career overshadows his brother Mark, Jaime Lannister's legacy overshadows that of Tyrion's. Jaime is one of the most well-known people in all of Westeros. Just as Mark Stoops stood in the background as his brother created a dynasty at Oklahoma, Tyrion stood in the background for much of his life, as Jaime remained his father's most treasured son.

8. South Carolina, Will Muschamp - Samwell Tarley

If you want two guys with great defense and absolutely no offense, Will Muschamp and Samwell Tarley are your guys. Throughout the entire "Game of Thrones" series, Samwell Tarley has never been one to attack but is always there to defend. Similarly, Muschamp's defense far outweighs any offensive attempt he may conjure up.

9. Texas A&M, Kevin Sumlin - Theon Greyjoy

The main characteristic that links Kevin and Theon is a streak of consistent disappointment. Both have failed when high expectations were placed upon them. Hopefully, both of them can make a turnaround for the better.

10. Tennessee, Butch Jones - Robert Baratheon

If you've ever seen Butch Jones on the sidelines of a Tennessee game, he's not known for keeping his cool and tends to let everyone within shouting distance know. Robert Baratheon shared this same boisterous attitude for what we saw of him in season 1.

11. Arkansas, Bret Bielema - Jaime Lannister

Isn't it quite obvious?

12. Florida, Jim McElwain - Jorah Mormont

Jim McElwain and Jorah Mormont are loyal to what they love more than anyone in the SEC and Westeros. Jim McElwain is loyal to Florida just as Jorah is loyal to Denaerys.

13. Mississippi State, Dan Mullen - Lord Baelish

Dan Mullen and Lord Baelish seem to have a long streak of relying on others to gain their success. Just as Lord Baelish relied heavily on Sansa for prevalence, Dan Mullen relies heavily on players such as Dak Prescott to have any success contributed to his name.

14. Missouri, Barry Odom - Benjen Stark

Let's be honest here, if you're not a Missouri fan, you more than likely don't even know who Barry Odom is. Similar to how Benjen Stark remained a mystery up until his epic passing in season 7, Barry Odom remains a mystery to much of the SEC.