Being Single

The Sad Truth About Being Single

Sometimes being a single-pringle sucks.

Mau
Mau
1315

I have been single for many years and it has been great. I can live life independently and be the best me I can be. No labels, just me. I can go Tinder hookups, mingle at parties, and more. No strings attached at all.

But, the sad truth is being single can kinda get lonely.

When I walk down the street and see couples holding hands, I instantly say, "I wish I had that." When I watch a sappy chick flick where the two main characters fall in love, I say "GOALS!"

I want those Troy and Gabriella moments: dates, Netflix under a blanket, and I wanna dance with somebody who loves me. Seriously, that Whitney Houston song has never been more relatable.

Sure, I have my best friends and my family to hang out with, and there are times when I would like to be alone and do my own things. There is breathing room for me. It is awesome because when you think about it, being in a committed relationship can have its ups and downs.

On the other hand, the idea of having someone by your side, supporting you, and showing their love towards you is such a bittersweet thing. Sharing intimacy with someone is a great virtue to have, and I've always wanted that. You both can grow together and learn new things from one another. Your partner can be your best friend who loves you inside and out.

I can't fight the feeling at all. I hate wondering things like "Why can't I have that?" "What did I do wrong?" "What must I do?"

But, I do understand that life knows what it is doing and that my significant other is out there looking for me as well. Instead of finding the need to get into a relationship, I must establish patience so the right one will come my way. That may be a little far-fetched, but a life without hope is a life not worth living.