Ryder Cup 2016; USA Breaks Through

Ryder Cup 2016; USA Breaks Through

This year is the year for the USA

6
Ryder Cup 2016; USA Breaks Through
Google Images

After a great final day of action at the FedEx Cup Tour Championship where we saw Rory McIlory come out and play like the golfer we all know he can, we have one last thing to look forward to before heading into the the offseason. The beloved Ryder Cup. Its practically a holiday weekend for golf lovers like me and leaves me excited to see all the crazy fist pumps and 40+ foot bombs that are dropped. After captain Davis Love picked Ryan Moore, Rickie Fowler and Matt Kuchar as his captains picks, which I was very pleased with. But, would this team have enough fire power to finally beat Europe in the Ryder Cup? Heres what I think:

Dustin Johnson is playing great golf, Phil is always Phil in the Ryder Cup, and everyone else is kind of iffy. It's scary to see how this could go, but I believe that the USA will pull this off. Europe has a couple of new guys like Matt Fitzpatrick, Thomas Pieters and Danny Willett playing and I don't know how they will handle this pressure because I don't care what anyone says, the Ryder Cup is on another level compared to most PGA Tour events (not majors of course). So Ill be interested to see how those guys play with pressure mounting on their shoulders.

I believe that the points will be pretty close the first 2 days and it will once again come down to the last couple of matches on singles match play to determine the winner, which those pairings will probably be interesting to see. But, I feel like with a huge home field advantage this year and a USA team with some very talented, experienced players on their team, they certainly have the upper hand. But, once again, it all depends on the matches for the singles match play.

Overall, I think this week is going to be a very neck and neck week and entertaining for every golfer around the world. But, I want be great if the USA doesn't win this year. Just saying.