6 Reasons Why The 2016 Cubs Have Made The Wait Worth It

Reverse the curse.

28

"Go Cubs, go! Go Cubs, go! Hey, Chicago, what do you say? The Cubs are going to win today. They've got the power; they've got the speed to be the best in the National Leauge."

For years, Chicago Cubs fans have been patiently waiting for the day a great team came our way. Last year we felt the anticipation rising as rookies showed us they had incredible talent; they just needed time for the team chemistry to form.

This season it has come together and the song we sing as the W flies high is true. We are the best in the National League. The 2016 Cubs are going to redefine goat for the organization. It will no longer be about the curse received so many years ago, but the Greatest Of All Time (G.O.A.T).

This team has become incredibly lovable, both for their skill and their personalities.

Here are a few reasons why this team has been worth the wait.

1.Creative Hustle

This team is willing to do whatever it takes to win the game. They sometimes use innovative methods to win games. Above, first baseman Anthony Rizzo throws his own glove aside to gain extra control in catching the ball and pitcher David Lester's glove. Below, Rizz jumps up on top of the wall and maintains his balance while making an incredible catch.This is just one of the non-traditional places Rizzo has gone to catch the ball this season.

2. Hitting Game

Between the top three batters, the Cubs have swung for 88 home runs this season. Kris Bryant, the best offensive player in the Cubs lineup, hit 37 of these homers and has 95 RBIs (runs batted in). His best friend and teammate Anthony Rizzo is next on the list with 31 homers and 101 RBI's. They are just the start of the Cubs incredible offensive lineup. Like the song says, "they've got the power, they've got the speed." The team has proven this with its incredible batting average and 57 stolen bases.

3. Pitcher Perfect

One thing the cubs have been missing in years past is a strong pitching team. It has finally come to be. Not only do we have a strong group of starters, but our relievers are solid on the mound and in the outfield. Here are the stats on our top 5 pitchers:

NAMEGPGSQSWLSVHLDIPHERHRBBSOK/9P/GSWARWHIPERA
Jon Lester29292417400184.01394920481798.7698.54.71.022.40
John Lackey2727199800176.11366723491738.8399.02.01.053.42
Jake Arrieta28281517600179.11195814691718.58100.73.41.052.91
Kyle Hendricks28271815700173.01233915431527.9196.74.60.962.03
Jason Hammel
28281514900157.11386323511367.7888.21.31.203.604.

(http://www.espn.com/mlb/team/stats/pitching/_/name... )

4. Defensive Flexiblity

Although they all have their power positions, the Cubs fielders are incredibly flexible. For example, recently Rizzo was taking the day off, so the usual third baseman Bryant moved to his spot. Every man is able to play a variety of roles. From pitchers in the outfield to outfielders in the infield, the cubs lineup is always a familiar surprise.

5. Fun in the Sun

While on the field, the cubs remain serious, but they understand that it is a game and it should be fun! These men are more than teammates: they are family. They spend a large amount of time together and the genuine love and appreciation shine through. Below are some of the players less serious moments.

6. Bryzzo

Let's be real: Kris Bryant and Anthony Rizzo are best friend goals. They are the most adorable friends you will ever see.Cubs fans unite wherever they go, and Bryzzo gives us an example of a great friendship. I could end this article by summarizing the why the 2016 Cubs team makes waiting all these for a talented enough, but I think these GIFS will do just as good of a job: