15 Things To Do When You're Way Stressed Out From School

Relaxation 101: Take a break from life.
9

It's mid-semester, it's cold, and all you want to do is lay in bed and watch Netflix.

However, there is a giant dark cloud hovering over your head constantly and it's called "STRESS". You got two papers, a midterm, a group project, study abroad apps, and you gotta declare your major. There's just so much to do and so little time to do it, and your mind is racing constantly and you feel like you just need to constantly be on the move and doing something productive. You feel guilty for eating and sleeping is just completely out of the question.

You're body, literally, will not function without coffee or some sort of caffeine. Taking Adderall crosses your mind once...or twice...or multiple times. You will do anything to just finish your work. You want that dark cloud gone, and you can sort of see the sun shining through the Netflix tab on your computer. You're so close. Sometimes you just gotta sit back a relax.

Here are some ideas to help you do that:

1. Netflix. Netflix. Netflix. Binge watch every show on earth. Just pick one and go go go.

2. Drink some tea...not coffee...tea. The warmth from the tea will suddenly spread throughout your whole body.

3. Take a nap or two or ten. I don't know about you but when I'm stressed I avoid everything with a nice long nap.

4. Take a really long, hot shower. I always do my best thinking in the shower, it really clears your mind.

5. Watch Ellen videos on youtube. She always makes me crack up and laughing is good for the soul.

6. Color. This is a trend and I'm into it. I recommend combining this with watching Netflix.

7. Go shopping. I have this really bad habit of feeling the need to shop when I get stressed but I always feel so much better after.

8. Watch music videos of hot boys singing..........this really helps. I personally enjoy anything that involves Harry Styles.

9. Stalk people on social media. I could do it for hours, and I know I'm not the only one who does this.

10. Go for a drive and blast your music and sing your freaking heart out.

11. Marathon your favorite movie series. I enjoy Harry Potter, Transformers, and Lord of the Rings.

12. Facetime your best friend that doesn't go to the same college and talk for a few hours. Sometimes it's nice to talk to someone who doesn't go to Holy Cross.

13. Go bowling. Grab a bunch of friends and just go to the nearest bowling alley and have a blast.

14. Read all those trashy magazine articles. For some reason, the latest celebrity gossip gives me something to analyze other than my English homework.

15. Lay in your bed and do nothing. That's always nice. Just be a potato and pretend that you have no life obligations to worry about.