This February I will be celebrating my three year hoopiversary. As a look back on the past few years, I realize how much I have grown. Some of that is just due to getting older, but I must admit: A lot of it is due to hula hooping. You might be wondering what the benefits of picking up a hoop are. Here's just a few of them!
1. The mental benefits of hula hooping are tremendous.
Whenever I'm feeling down or restless, the first thing I do is reach for my hula hoop. Hula hooping can give you something positive to focus on in times of need.
2. You will be getting a work out in while having fun.
I don't know about everyone else, but I dread working out. I used to have to force myself to do physical activity. Hula hooping has given me an opportunity to get cardio in without even trying.
3. There's no better feeling than accomplishing something new.
Whenever I learn a new trick, I'm instantly proud of myself.
4. With enough practice, you can began a performance career.
While not for everyone, performing can be incredibly rewarding.
5. The hula hoop community is so supportive.
6. And through that community, you can make some amazing friends.
7. Hooping can help you overcome some tough times.
8. You will appreciate your body in a brand new way.
With hooping, comes body positivity.
I've heard so many success stories about how hooping has helped people overcome some serious struggles. It's amazing.
9. Because it's fun.