Realizing This Is You, From The 'This Is Us' Star

Chrissy Metz embraces body image.

7

The moment I started watching This Is Us, I was hooked. There is no denying the popularity of the story in its first season. With this captivating story line, charming cast and unmatched emotional connection; Kate, Kevin and Randall have our hearts.

Kate, played by Chrissy Metz made the cover the People Magazine on the February 20th edition, expressing how she handles her body image since she has landed in the spotlight with the TV series’ premiere.

“Now it’s about telling a story of a woman struggling with her weigh, just as I have and still am,” Metz mentions about coming into the spotlight during her People Magazine interview.

Metz’s rise to fame began in 2014, when she was cast as the “fat lady” in the circus for American Horror story in 2014. Over the course of the last 2 years, from the help of This Is Us, she know rocks the spotlight and has become a role model for positive body image.

“I’ve never been more grounded and happy to be who I am.”

There is a personal connection to Kate, as I am sure most women do as we are all crying on our couches watching the show. Much of her story line involves her physical appearance. It is incredible to witness Metz use her rise to fame for a positive lesson on body image,

“You don’t realize that somebody who’s average or even very fit could relate to someone who’s overweight. But it’s not about our size—its how we look at ourselves and how we feel about ourselves,” Said Metz in her People Magazine interview.

It’s not about our size at all, I struggle with this every day, I constantly revert back to comparisons. I am happy to say it has improved over the last 3 years but still a battle. Like our loveable Kate said, so well: “it’s how we look at ourselves…”

It’s you, your body, your mind and you control how you feel about yourself. Comparison gets us nowhere. It’s you.

Be like Kate and be your best beautiful self.