Read This When You Forget Your Worth

Read This When You Forget Your Worth

This isn't about them, it's about you.

2411
Read This When You Forget Your Worth
Jordan Jewell

It's easy to forget how much value you truly have. Whether it's losing someone you love, experiencing a breakup, or dealing with body image issues, sometimes you just feel like you don't matter. Every person on this Earth is born with purpose and meaning, and the world wouldn't be the same without you. Read this article on days when you forget who you are and how much you matter.

When you feel bad about your appearance.

Negative thoughts lead to negative actions. Nobody looks like a supermodel every day of their life. In fact, most people very rarely look like supermodels. Imperfections and quirks make a person beautiful.

When a breakup leads to bargaining for affection.

Bargaining is one of the stages of grieving, it's natural, but when someone is unable to love you, that is not your fault. Instead of begging for their validation, take a look at yourself. You are worthy of love and if they can't give it to you, give it to yourself.

When you feel that you don't measure up to society's standards.

Whether you're curvy or skinny, loud or quiet, insecure or confident, you're not defined by any of those things. The only acceptance you need is the acceptance of yourself. You belong to yourself and no one else. If anyone has a problem with that, it's their problem.

When you don't think you're worthy.

Until you realize how important you are, people will walk all over you. Confidence is one of the most beautiful traits in the world. It isn't about being cocky, it's about realizing you deserve the same amount of respect you show to others.

When you're hoping someone else will make you feel beautiful.

Life isn't a fairytale and princes are very hard to come by. You don't have time to sit around and wait for someone to swoop in and save the day. Be your own hero and love yourself more than anyone else will.

At the end of the day, you are you and that is incredible. You're the only one who knows all of your secrets and all of your imperfections, so no one can love you as much as you love yourself.