A Quick Look At The NFL Color Rush

A Quick Look At The NFL Color Rush

104
A Quick Look At The NFL Color Rush
Nike

The 2016 NFL Color Rush is here. With help from the NFL uniform supplier, Nike, all 32 NFL teams will have mono-colored alternate uniforms to wear sometime between the next two seasons. Some teams will not use their uniforms this season, either due to scheduling conflicts with other teams or because they simply do not want to wear them. So, I thought it would be a good idea to look at some of the highlights, lowlights, and the middle ground of these uniforms.

Highlights:

Denver Broncos

The Broncos decided to bring out Orange Crush inspired jerseys, and they look beautiful. The old Broncos logo dons the helmet, and the jerseys feel like their old Orange Crush uniforms, which Bronco fans love. These would be great updates to their current set if they were paired with white pants. It will also look good against the next team’s uniforms.

San Diego Chargers

The Chargers meet their navy blue and powder blue fans by going with an all- royal blue look, ala the 1970s and early 1980s Chargers. The color also looks better being accented by yellow. It looks good by itself and should create a nice contrast against the Broncos’ orange. This is another look that would be great as an update to their current look.

New Orleans Saints

The Saints also go with throwback inspired Color Rush uniforms in their 50th season, and they also look great. They bring out classic Saints elements on an all-white uniform. Overall, it just feels right. They may have been the unofficial winner of the Color Rush.

New York Giants

Like the Saints, the Giants went with a throwback inspired all-white look. They bring back their Giants word mark onto the helmet, and the jerseys look beautiful-- incorporating the Bill Parcells era into the uniform. Another job well done by Nike and the NFL.

Cincinnati Bengals

Instead of going all black or all orange, the Bengals decided to play on the motif of white tigers, and they do so rather well. The uniform eliminates almost all orange, and gives us one of the most unique looks of the Color Rush. While a white helmet would make the look even better, they had to stick with NFL rules of one helmet. Still, great job Bengals.

Lowlights:

Washington Redskins

Name aside, the Redskins bring out virtually plain yellow uniforms for the Color Rush. They look very bland and are just not great to look at. Some striping would help out a lot on their uniforms. They could also have gone with burgundy, which would have looked better.

San Francisco 49ers

Last year, the 49ers unveiled much unwanted all black alternates. They do not look good, and do not fit their identity. So naturally, they decided to just use them as their color rush uniforms. Fans really would rather have gold alternates for the 49ers, whose name come from the California Gold Rush. I guess they will just have to wait.

Jacksonville Jaguars

Last year, the Jaguars were one of eight teams to test run the Color Rush. They brought out all-gold uniforms. While the actual jersey is not bad, when combined with gold pants and socks, it creates combination that will have many shielding their eyes.

Middle of the Pack

Green Bay Packers

The Packers have one of the most classic looks in sports, and makes doing anything bold with their uniforms hard, which is the point of the Color Rush. So, they simply gave white pants to their white jersey, the first time they have had white pants since 1959. It is overall not a bad look; it just looks kind of uninspired.

Buffalo Bills

The Bills brought out an all-red look last year when they helped the Color Rush debut. This was the first time the Bills had ever worn red jerseys or pants. On their own, the pants and jerseys of the uniforms are not bad at all. I just do not think they should wear mono-red.

Tennessee Titans

The Titans, another team to help the color rush debut in 2015, went simple with their uniforms. They combined their Columbia blue jerseys and pants together with matching socks. The color is a nice shade of blue, but these elements of their uniforms should never be worn all together. Not a bad look, but also not the best.

Obviously these are just some of the 32 NFL Color Rush uniforms. For a more extensive look at all 32 teams, I suggest to head on over to Chris Creamer’s sportslogos.net, which does a good job at looking at all 32 teams. Then you can decide which team’s uniforms you like best.