10 Foolproof Questions To Ask On Your Next FaceTime Date

Yes, #10 did actually happen.

1753

In our post-COVID world, FaceTime dates are way more frequent than ever before. Talking to a guy or gal the first time (or even the eighth time!) can be nerve-racking. But here's 10 questions that are great for creating a nice, flowing conversation.

1. "What are your life dreams?"

Dreams and ambitions drive and motivate us. Knowing what pushes your date to do their best each day is a great thing to know.

2. "What was the first thing you noticed about me?"

I don't know why, but this one is always a goodie. If you're ready for some grins and truth (hopefully), this is the question to ask.

3. "What’s the most shocking/interesting thing about you?"

I absolutely love asking this question! Most of the time we don't just have at the forefront of our minds what makes us "interesting" or different. It's a question that might add some excitement to the conversation.

4. "Can you explain that?"

To be particular, my leading man plays a sport I'm not very familiar with. On our very first FaceTime the first thing I asked him about was that. He spent at least 10-15 minutes just explaining all the field positions!

5. "What’s your favorite food, sport, etc.?"

I'm sure we ALL enjoy talking about things we like. Asking your date about their favorite pastimes or food could lead to a long, interesting discussion.

6. "What do you value the most?"

Opposites attract, but not when it comes to important things like what you value in life! Take the time during your chat to see if you're both on the same page about long-term goals and wants.

7. "How do you feel about me?"

For some reason, every guy I have gone on a date with has asked me this. But, I love this question! This is the perfect question to see what traits or cute little quirks they think make you unique.

8. "What’s your favorite childhood memory?"

Whether it's eating blueberry pie at grandmas' or dancing the Bhangra at your aunt's wedding, most of us have fond memories from our childhoods we'd love to relive. Ask this question and the conversation may go on for hours!

9. "How do you feel about...?"

Women's rights and anti-human trafficking efforts are two causes that are near and dear to my heart. Making sure you and your potential boo are on the same page concerning things you feel passionate about is important.

10. "What’s the most embarrassing thing you’ve done?"

One of the best ways to bond is through laughter. What better way to laugh than over how your teacher caught your bestie trying to teach you how to twerk?! Share those embarrassing stories. If he's for you, he'll enjoy it. Trust me.

Follow Swoon on Instagram.