Motivation

Motivation

How to reach the top

13
Motivation

Why do things seems so much more achievable when you're younger? Why is there so much more motivation to do something? For example, when we were young, even in high school, it was so easy to say, “Yeah, I'm going to this college, to study this, get this degree, and have this job”, and what have you. Then you finally graduate and things take a sharp left turn. Nothing goes as you “planned” it. But why do those dreams seem so much easier to achieve when you're younger? Why is it so hard to stay motivated? I think that the fear of not making it to where we want, when the fear of failing holds us back from even trying. I have learned this from experience. I'm always so afraid to fail, so I end up not doing a lot of things I'd like to do. Or just the feeling of being overwhelmed is more than enough to take any motivation away. How do we stay motivated? How do we reassure ourselves that things will turn out okay? I feel like we have to remind ourselves and ask ourselves, “What if?” You may have the want to do something and you don't do it because you're scared... but what if it turns out to be great? We have to stop letting fear rule our lives and stay motivated to do whatever we want to do! Take a chance and go for it! And if it doesn't work out, at least you tried, and if it does, well then that's amazing! Take chances, and it’ll change your life for the better for sure.