Everything You Need To Know About Being Single In Quarantine

Every Burning Question You've Asked Yourself If You're Single In Quarantine, Answered

Everyone has different ways of living and coping in quarantine.

595
Disney

There's no arguing that quarantine has had its ups and downs for everyone. The uncertainty of it all leads to a million questions, not just about our health, but about how everything affects our day-to-day life moving forward.

For those who are single, many of these questions have to do with their love lives. So, to help make the uncertainty of it all even a little less scary, here are answers to eight of the most common questions about being single in quarantine from April 2020.

Should I be dating right now?

When it comes to quarantine, there's no one-size-fits-all coping mechanism. Some people are making it through by trying to make connections while others are focusing on themselves. There is no "right" way to make it through quarantine, so (just as you would in your regular life) do whatever it is that will make you feel better.

After all, Quarantine Is Actually The Perfect Time To Find Love, According To Experts. But, before you go swiping on the dating apps and planning for your next FaceTime or Zoom date, ask yourself this: Do I ACTUALLY Want A Boyfriend Or Am I Just Bored In Quarantine?

Regardless of the answer, I'll have you know that it's OK to date without wanting a boyfriend or girlfriend out of it in the end — just be honest about it with the person you're talking to so everyone's on the same page.

After all, one girl says her Virtual Dating Life Has Made Quarantine SO Much More Fun, so it works for some! Just do whatever's best for you.

How can I keep my "normal" dating life going while quarantined?

Should you decide you want to keep dating while in quarantine to keep things feeling a bit more "normal," you have my full support. In fact, here's a fun 30-Day Dating Challenge For Anyone Who Is Single AF In Quarantine. Give it a go (and report back! I'd love to hear how it works for you).

How do I keep a potential match interested when I can't see them?

Listen, this is part of the gamble of dating while quarantined, unfortunately, but if you're trying to keep things spicy, consider sending one of these 13 Texts To Keep Him On His Toes.

To keep conversations alive, ask fun questions that can lead to more exciting convo topics. Try these 30 Questions To Ask Your Tinder Bae If You're Trying To Figure Out If They're A Serial Killer and definitely avoid these 7 Questions On Dating Apps If You Want The Connection To Survive Quarantine.

Oh, and if you're on dating apps, these 15 things should NOT be on your profile unless you want others to IMMEDIATELY swipe left.

What is a "corona boyfriend" or "quarantine boyfriend"?

The Cure For Your Quarantine Loneliness Is NOT A Corona Boyfriend. Not completely, at least. Sure you might feel a temporary bit of relief by having someone to talk to, but aimlessly swiping for matches on a dating app could do more harm than good.

Unless you're making legitimate connections that actually feel like they could go somewhere, you might end up feeling lonelier with the empty "Hi, how are you?" conversations. You're not alone if you agree here!

Bottom line: tap into your emotions and ask yourself how you're feeling by being on the dating apps at this time. If you're feeling great, WOO! Keep doing you, friend! If you're not, though, consider logging off... which leads me to the next question.

How in the world do I keep myself busy so I don't text my ex or go on dating apps?

1. Music is definitely a great way to fill the time and if you can dance while listening, even better. Consider turning on this Definitive List Of The Best Love Songs Ever Made, To Listen To Alone In Quarantine.

2. Not interested in jamming to songs that might make you feel more alone? Do what I like to do and watch new TV shows where you can dream about the lead character being your very own significant other. Netflix has blessed us with many new television studs in the last few weeks — John B from "Outer Banks" and Paxton from "Never Have I Ever," to name a few examples, should be at the top of your list.

SEE ALSO: The Real Love Story On Netflix's 'Outer Banks' Is NOT About John B And Sarah

3. Should you binge each of the above shows in a day (you will, unless you have self-control unlike me), movie classics are always an amazing option. Here are 10 Romance Movies To Watch While Bored In Quarantine Instead Of Texting Your Ex.

4. That said, the easiest way to avoid dating apps and texting your ex is to stay off technology entirely (especially your phone). Instead, opt for a fictional boyfriend that will surely turn your pages with one of these 25 Best-Selling Romance Novels Every Woman Should Read ASAP.

When can I have sex again?

Based on social distancing guidelines, the very unfortunate reality of the situation is that, unless you're quarantined with someone you'd have sex with, you're putting yourself and a potential sex partner (as well as those around you) at risk of getting coronavirus (COVID-19) should you say "screw it" and break quarantine to get it on.

Because of this, health departments are saying your safest sex partner is yourself. So, consider opting for one of these exciting sex toys for the time being:

Follow this link for 9 Coronavirus Sex Tips From The NYC Health Department That'll Make You Rethink That Hookup.

Speaking of... WHY am I getting more d*ck pics?

Everyone has different feelings on d*ck pics, but regardless of whether you love or hate them, you might see a spike in them while quarantined — even if you didn't ask for them. Unfortunately, this seems to be the case for most of them, so I Asked 10 Women How They Actually Feel About D*ck Pics, And Guys, It's NOT Hard To Understand the rules.

Could I be the only one who feels alone?

PSA! You are NOT alone. Even if you are physically quarantined alone, or just single while quarantined with roommates or family, you are not alone. Seriously, there are plenty of single guys and gals in quarantine who are feeling lonely and having these thoughts. Just read this piece where 5 Gen Z Girls Get Real About Being Single In Quarantine. It has its ups and downs for EVERYONE!

Shop To Help You Thrive While Single In Quarantine

Follow Swoon on Instagram.

From Your Site Articles