Places Around The World To See With Your Best Friend

Traveling with your best friend is on everyone's to-do list.

238
Azamara Club Cruises

Traveling around the world with your best friend is on almost everyone’s bucket list. Below are just five places you should visit with your friends in your lifetime. Some of them might not happen until you’re all in your thirties or even your seventies but the good thing is you have your whole life to go.

Iceland

Iceland is truly a beautiful country and doesn't get enough credit for its history and beauty. There are museums dedicated to Iceland's rich history along with monuments and statues. There are plenty of things to do in Iceland that are touristy but if anything make sure you appreciate the nature. Most of the things to do involve nature. For example, there's the blue lagoon, which is one of the most visited attractions in the country. It's a man made geothermal spa. There are also natural not springs around Iceland. Along with the hot springs, there are other things to be in awe of such as the volcanoes and the nature. It's possible to actually book a nature tour so you don't go wandering off by yourself. On the day trips they take you to see certain waterfalls like the Golden Circle and glacier or other places, depending on what you and your friends want to do. The one thing any person should witness is the Northern Lights, which are very visible from Iceland, even more so than in Alaska. What better person to see this phenomenon than with your best friend? The best time to see the lights are from September to March and scientists predict that this year they will be at their most intense in over ten years.

Greece

The best time to visit Greece is from May to October. But what’s in Greece that might interest best friends? There are dozens of things to see and do in Greece. There is a lot of rich history, specifically in Athens where the Acropolis is visible from anywhere in the city. It was created out of marble and originally held a large statue of Athena, the goddess of war. The Acropolis is also illuminated at night so no matter when you and your friends see it, you’ll never forget it.

Another place to visit in Greece is the beaches of Crete. Crete is actually an island, so of course there are beaches all around. Some are secluded and have shade while others are out in the open with more people. There are beautiful ruins to explore with your friends along with caves and lakes. The final thing and it might just be the most interesting place to visit is Mount Olympus. If you took eighth grade history you probably learned about ancient Greek gods and goddesses. Olympus was where they thought the gods settled and it’s a real mountain you can climb. The sight will give you chills.

Rio

Rio De Janerio. You might have heard about the city from the children’s movie Rio or from Fast & Furious Six. In fact, the 2016 summer Olympics are being held there. Of course there are forests to explore that hold waterfalls and other natural beauties but there is much more to see. There are beaches, in fact one of the most famous beaches in the world is located in Rio, but there is much more. This city is home to Christ the Redeemer, which was created in 1931 and has been open since then.

It appears in every movie that takes place in Rio and is one of the most visited places. One of the most exciting things that takes place in Rio is Carnival. In 2016 it takes place on February fifth but changes every year so if you and your friends are looking to party, make sure you check before you go!

Venice

Another place to visit is Venice. Why? Because eventually the whole city will be submerged underwater since it’s sinking more and more every year. There are no roadways or cars in this city but instead canals with boats for transportation. The Grand Canal twists through Venice and smaller canals build off it. It is actually one of

the main sights to see, of course, as the whole city thrives off it. Another interesting sight to see is the Bridge of Sighs, which is made completely out of white limestone and also has windows with stone bars. It connects the prison and the courts. It’s named the Bridge of Sighs because as the prisoners walked over it they took their last free breath. There are also museums to see along with more historic bridges and of course, the beaches to visit with friends.

Australia

Why would you not want to go to Australia with your best friend is a better question than why should you go. First of all P. Sherman 42 Wallaby Way Sydney and then there’s the stereotype that anything in Australia can and probably will kill you. So what can you actually do or go and see? There’s the Sydney opera house (which also shows up in Finding Nemo), and the Sydney Harbor Bridge, which is lit up at night and there is also a lookout on the bridge. Another place to visit is Bondi Beach where you and your friends can explore by walking or go surfing and swimming.

One of the most interesting things in Australia is the Great Barrier Reef and it’s one of the Seven Wonders of the World. You can go scuba diving to explore the reef up close or get on a boat with a glass bottom to view it from actually being in the water. There are dozen of other things to see and do in Australia with your best friends like the Sydney Tower. It has a viewing platform and is the tallest structure in Sydney. No matter what you and your friends choose to do in Australia you’ll have fun.