Who else feels that 2018 has helped to open their eyes??

Finding Myself

Have you ever reached a point in your life where you where not sure who you were or what you were meant to do?

98
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1835569779872656&set=a.102575236505461&type=3&theater
Rachael Massey

Hello, my name is Rachael Faye Massey, and I have lost the sense of who I am and what I want to do with my life.

There comes the point in time in a person's life where they kind of lose all sense of who they are. This is not bound by a certain age and can happen to us at any point, even more than once, in our lives. More often than not, a person loses themselves while in a, if you will, toxic relationship. Sadly, they do not see it coming until it is already too late. The only thing left is to go through the motions and find your way through the darkness.

Now, do not think that I am saying everyone loses themselves due to toxic relationships; keep in mind, this does not always mean romantic relationships either. This can happen without the aid of others, or it can occur due to the people whom you surround yourself.

Luminita D. Saviuc said, "They value the opinions of others more than their own." She also stated that "They surround themselves with people who drag them down."

"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma – which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your inner voice. And most important, dare to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary." ~ Steve Jobs
"People tend to be generous when sharing their nonsense, fear, and ignorance. And while they seem quite eager to feed you their negativity, please remember that sometimes the diet we need to be on is a spiritual and emotional one. Be cautious with what you feed your mind and soul. Fuel yourself with positivity and let that fuel propel you into positive action." ~ Steve Maraboli

I speak from experience on this topic and, if I am sincere, I am still trying to figure out who I am and what I like again and I am only 24-years-old.

If finding yourself means dying your hair and changing your style, GO FOR IT! If finding yourself means moving (if you can) out of state or country...hell, even within the same state, GO FOR IT! If finding yourself means ending a toxic relationship and figuring out who you are without that person, GO FOR IT! Do not worry about what others are going to think of your transformation process. It will not be like theirs, and they may sneer at you for it. Let them.

For me, well...I just recently dyed my hair, so check in that category, but really, I want to buy the rest of the books that I need to have the complete series of each book series that I have begun. For example, the Morganville Vampires. I have one book out of the ten plus books that are out for it. One. Who in the hell does that?! *laughs* I want to finish the three books that I am writing and move on to the other books in those series or start a new series.

Our lives are almost always so busy that we often forget to put ourselves first when it matters. Have a day off for the first time in a little while? If you have children and no babysitter, think of a fun day out that is out of the usual. If you have a sitter, spoil yourself, even if it just window shopping with some friends or shopping. Get your nails or hair done if that is your thing. Buy a new book and read it in one day. Rearrange your home in a way that makes you feel at peace when you look at it. Just do something for you every now and again.

What are you doing to find yourself?