Why Your Mental Health Matters

Why Your Mental Health Matters

Your mental health is more important than your physical health

1222
Why Your Mental Health Matters
Google Images

How many times has this happened to you? When you start feeling a little sick, you end up going to the doctor so you can determine what exactly is wrong with you. You may just have a little cough or some congestion, but the doctor usually gives you some medicine and then you are ready to tackle the day.

However, when we talk about mental health and someone who struggles with severe depression and lacks the drive to even get out of bed in the morning, then that is a whole other world that medication is not so effective with healing.

I am one of those people who firmly believes that it is more important to pay attention to your mental health than it is your physical health. You may be thinking that I am crazy, but it isn't true. Your brain is the strongest organ in your body, believe it or not. It is constantly working either for or against you. When you have a healthy mental state, then that allows your body to connect even more with your brain and ultimately your mind.

If you find yourself struggling with poor mental health, that can negatively affect your self-esteem, confidence, and your overall physical health as well. Do you ever notice when you are constantly stressed out or anxious that you get sick more often? That is because when your emotional well-being is not up to par, that weakens your body's immune system, which is why you are more likely to get sick than those who have increased emotional and mental health.

Our brains are strongly connected to our bodies, and in order for them to work together and maintain that connection, our mental health needs to be at its best. So, when we are feeling poorly, mentally, then it makes it nearly impossible for our body and mind to connect the way they need to.

Essentially, we all as human beings have to treat our mental health as a priority. Often times, people will just brush-off their emotions as if they don't even matter, but that is hurting you even more than you think. Your emotions are there for a reason and it is okay to have feelings and to express them, in a healthy matter of course.

But if you are one of those people who neglects those feelings when you are sad, angry, or annoyed, then you are adding unnecessary stress to your body, which is ultimately affecting your mind as a result.

So, the next time you find yourself neglecting your mental health because you think it is not as important as anything else in your life, stop and rethink. You are not weird or wrong to put yourself and your mental health first from time to time. Your mental health matters more than you think, so remember to take care of yourself and your body with thank you for it.