Perception Vs. Reality

Perception relates to what we sense or feel and reality means the ultimate truth in the real world. Each person has his or her own perception of the world but the reality is always the same. Perception tends to explain the way we understand the world around us and makes us believe the way we want to. The thought process, ideas and education in our lives makes us see things in a different way. Most often, people have the wrong perception and tend to react to them negatively. The social environment also reflects upon the individual’s perception and personality.

Carrying the wrong perception about certain people or ideas makes you react negatively because the information source is not legitimate. You may have interacted with only a small subset of people who shared the same ideas. Many negative feelings arise when there is lack of clarity among individuals. Reality is determined by the different perceptions that we make. We define our reality based on our perception of the world.

Each person would have their own viewpoints. Consider the example of Donald Trump in the upcoming election, certain people think that he is not fit to contest for the post and others feel that he is a good leader. Their reality is based upon their perception of the candidate. Their thoughts make them believe that he has a good chance of winning the election and would bring glory to their country. Few others strongly believe that he would not be focusing on growth and diversity of the country.

I believe that the best footballer in the world as of now is Cristiano Ronaldo whereas some others feel that Lionel Messi is the best. My choice is based on my perception and this maybe the reality and otherwise. As per my opinion, Ronaldo has got better skills than any other footballer. Opinions are formed by my choices and these choices are from drawn conclusions and perception of the subject matter.

What you always see may not be right! You may not be able to see what is always right! Reality may be totally different altogether and perception makes you see things as reality. Hope I capture the perception of my readers here and that the reality turns out to be that this article is read and shared with as many folks as possible.