People Everywhere Are Drawing Rainbows To Cope With The Boredom Of Social Distancing

During the time of social distancing, #stayhome has been a huge trending topic. With every bar, restaurant, school, nail salon, movie theater, and other 'nonessential businesses' closed, I have major cabin fever. If you're like me and get bored super easily, you may be driving yourself up the wall during this time. Unfortunately I never have been and I never will be a homebody so this adjustment is super rough for me. To cope with the lack of social interaction, I participated in the neighborhood watch walk this weekend. The point of the activity is to draw a rainbow and put it outside of your window then when you finish, you take a walk around the block and look out for other people's rainbow in the neighborhood. It's a great activity to cure boredom at this time especially if you're staying home with children but it's even a great activity or even if it's just you and your significant other or your parents. My boyfriend saw the idea and we did it. It was super cute and kept us entertained! I really hope some kids walk around the block and get inspired and excited that they spotted our rainbows in the window.

Coloring is such a therapeutic past time no matter how old you are! I used to color a lot in my teenager years because I had much more free time. Now that I'm basically stuck inside because of school closures and working from home, I have a lot more free time, and I get bored so easily. I usually spend my weekends at museums and parks and going on random adventures. Now that those activities have been taken away from me, I'm seriously so unamused with staying at home. I feel terrible for the people with children because they have to somehow provide amusement yet I wish someone would do things to keep me amused. The neighborhood window walk is a great idea for anyone who's bored to spend time coloring then spend some time outdoors.