Pegasus World Cup Invitational

Pegasus World Cup Invitational

The World's richest thoroughbred horse race
9

The Pegasus World Cup Invitational happened on January 28th, it was brought together by a group of individuals and owner groups wanting to elevate the sport of thoroughbred horse racing. All 12 spots were purchased for one million dollars each, with $12 million dollars on the line. Recorded live on NBS from 4-6 p.m. EST, the Pegasus World Cup Invitational was held at The Stronach Group's premier destination, Gulfstream Park in Hallandale Beach, Florida. The Stronach Group is one of the world’s leading horse racetrack operators and suppliers of parimutuel wagering technology, founded in 2011 by Frank Stronach and The Honourable Belinda Stronach. The first official winner of the Pegasus World Cup Invitational is Arrogate, owned by Juddmonte Farms, Inc. The Triple Crown winner, California Chrome, also ran!

The other horses in the race include:

Prayer For Relief

Neolithic

Noble Bird

War Story

War Envoy

Shaman Ghost

Semper Fortis

Keen Ice

Breaking Lucy

Eragon

This race was definitely a fun one to watch, and one I didn't know about! Even if you're not into horse racing, you should check it out next year!