A Letter To My High School Friends

A Letter To My High School Friends

We saw each other through the good, the bad, and even the ugly. The good 'ole high school years.

2
A Letter To My High School Friends
Abigail Willingham

Dear friends,

I want to start off by saying thank you. Without y’all I don’t think any of us could have made it through those crazy four years that they call high school. The first time that I walked through the doors of that high school was with a different group of friends than the ones I had when I walked out of that high school for the last time. I wouldn’t change it for anything in the world. The friends I ended high school with are the ones who dealt with my craziness, who saw the rough times of growing up, and dealt with having standardized dress our senior year. Without y’all I don’t think I could have made it through alive or as strong as I did.

We survived going the awkward ages of 14 and 15, saw each other get our driver’s licenses and rode in one another’s cars (even if our driving scared us beyond belief), and all the way to graduating together. We grew together from being involved in the Friday night football games and theatre/debate events. We suffered not getting home from games until midnight to being right back up at the high school at four in the morning the next day for theatre/debate tournaments. We’ve seen each other half asleep and cranky and we've seen all of the high energy and absolutely crazy. Essentially, we saw each other go through some of the craziest early stages of life.

Through the years, we may have even developed awkward crushes on each other just to realize that we are better off staying good friends. We enjoyed AP English together and even AP Physics (even if we didn’t learn too much aside from taking crazy pictures and videos). Y’all are the ones that definitely made high school some of the greatest times. Heck, we were even each other’s dates to senior prom! It was definitely a lot more fun with all of y’all. Graduating was definitely a sad day because it meant we wouldn't see each other five days a week anymore but I always knew that wouldn't be the end of our wonderful friendship!

After graduation, we all went our separate ways: to college or to work. But we continued to stay in touch as much as we could. Over the three years since graduation, we may not have kept in contact as much as we had expected to but we always catch right back up when we hang out next.

We’ll always be able to rely on each other for anything we may need. This can range from relationship advice, comfort after a break up, when classes stress us out, or even just someone to go get coffee with. We range from one hour away all the way to six hours away from each other. No matter the distance, we’re always just a text or a call away. I may not say it that much but I do truly love all of you with all of my heart. Thanks for being the best people to go through high school and the rest of life with! I’m thankful for you crazy weirdos.

Love always,

Your friend