It seems like people have forgotten some big news during this time in history, so let me remind everyone: we are still facing a pandemic.
Depending on where you live, that means there are a different set of restrictions for you. In Taiwan, people are safely able to go to social gatherings, bars, and movie theaters without risking their health. In Germany, Oktoberfest and the Berlin Marathon have been canceled, but schools are reopening.
Do not be fooled by the diminished restrictions in the United States, though. As we've seen with the reopening of colleges and universities, the country is still struggling to handle COVID-19. With a significant percentage of the population believing in conspiracy theories surrounding the virus, we are most likely going to continue facing a pandemic into 2021.
That does not mean you have to be alone, though. It is possible to meet new people amidst this chaos, and perhaps even find a romantic partner. It takes some work, but you can develop a relationship during this time with effort on both sides to stay socially distant and, who knows, maybe find love!
1. Don't be afraid to Zoom
You can watch videos together by sharing your screen, have a virtual lunch date, or just use the opportunity to complain about how much you hate Zoom. If you have too much Zoom fatigue at this point, you can always use a different platform like FaceTime or Google Hangouts.
2. Look into a virtual movie night
3. Plan socially distanced dates
There are plenty of fun ways to spend time together while staying safe. As long as you have a blanket that is over six feet long, you and your partner could have a picnic during the day and stargaze at night.
4. Get active together
Find a nice hiking trail or bike path where you guys can maintain your distance. Just remember to keep your masks on!
5. Share your playlists
Making each other a playlist of your favorite songs won't put either of you at risk, and it will be a great way to plan potential concerts you can go to together in the safer future.
6. Organize a game night
This can be virtual or outdoors depending on what kind of game you're playing. Or, you can always just resort to iMessage games.
7. Address the pandemic in the room
Dating right now is inevitably going to be awkward and strange. If you and your significant other are committed to trying, though, you can maintain a safe and fulfilling relationship. Plus, if you two can get through a world crisis, your partnership can probably withstand anything.
Dating right now is complicated, but it is possible. Wash your hands, wear your mask, and hang in there.
Follow Swoon on Instagram.
- Why Post-Pandemic Dating Standards Are Much Higher ›
- You Can Date Me Via FaceTime Right Now, Or Not At All ›
- The Best Dating Apps To Try In Quarantine 2020 ›
- 5 Rules For ACTUALLY Dating Safely And Successfully During The ... ›
- I Never Thought I'd Be Dating During A Pandemic, But Here We Are ›
- Dating During A Pandemic ›
- Brave new word - Pandating: coronavirus and the language of love ... ›
- 6 Potential Advantages of Dating During a Pandemic | Psychology ... ›
- How to date, have sex, and fall in love during coronavirus pandemic ... ›
- Advice For Dating And Relationships In The Time Of Coronavirus ... ›
- Dating During a Pandemic | Psychology Today ›
- Masks, No Kissing and 'a Little Kinky': Dating and Sex in a Pandemic ... ›
- Couples share how they found matches in the middle of a pandemic ›
- How to Date During a Pandemic - The New York Times ›
- Are People Actually Dating in a Pandemic? - Mpls.St.Paul Magazine ›