Why Post-Pandemic Dating Standards Are Much Higher

Step Aside F*ckboys, Our Post-Pandemic Dating Standards Will Be MUCH Higher

We're cutting the clutter, baby.

5629

We're all eager to get back to our regular routines, but if there's one thing being quarantined for months teaches you, it's that time is a precious thing. Spending it wisely is important and when it comes to love, this is especially true. So, when Match's Chief Dating Expert Rachel DeAlto told Odyssey that f*ckboys are canceled in post-pandemic life, I wasn't all that surprised

"Singles who are ready to date seriously are currently planting the seed and building connections so that they will have a viable partner post-quarantine," DeAlto said. "Serious daters want to 'cut the clutter' and they won't risk their health or safety for a partner that isn't equally as serious or committed. Bye-bye f*ckboys!"

Though I wasn't all that shocked, I was still happy to heart it. Because once the guys who haven't talked to you all quarantine come crawling back to "hang out" (AKA hookup) once we are free again, I hope you tell them you're not interested. Here's what Rachel had to say about how dating standards have changed since before quarantine.

How have peoples' dating standards changed in quarantine?

"Budding relationships will 'cocoon' and strengthen during this time. Oftentimes, going through tough times together brings people closer. Additionally, with the ease of video dating, singles are becoming more real and raw. You're letting someone into your home, figuratively. We're starting to shake our old insecurities, let down our guards, and become more open to new possibilities."

How do you think peoples' dating standards will change post-quarantine?

"I think this pandemic will change the way we look at dating and relationships, which includes eliminating ridiculous disqualifiers like height. That is so 2019!"

Since people have been quarantined for so long, how do you think hookup culture will be affected after this is over?

"To be clear, there is no benefit from this pandemic — except maybe it is shifting the way we think about relationships, especially hookup culture. With people stuck at home, singles are craving connection. Since sex is off the table, singles are being driven to connect on a deeper, more emotional level with their matches. I don't think hookups are dead forever, but hopefully, the 'next, next, next' culture is. I believe people will become more intentional about dating when all is said and done."

While you patiently wait to start dating again IRL, consider snagging this cellphone stand and/or this ring light to help you FaceTime date from home.

SEE ALSO: Catfishing Is A Thing Of The Past, Dating Expert Says

As an Amazon Affiliate partner, Odyssey may earn a portion of qualifying sales.

Follow Swoon on Instagram.