Open Letter To A Toxic Person

Open Letter To A Toxic Person

Sometimes it is ok to end a relationship....

1978
Open Letter To A Toxic Person
KingofWallpapers

To The Toxic Person In My Life:

You may or may not realize I am talking to you. You may be completely oblivious how draining you are to me. Maybe you might be doing it to get pleasure out of it. Either way, it drains me to the point I start to despise every moment I spend with you. I want to get along with you, but I am tired of trying to make this relationship work. I have been taught that I should have a tough skin and let things roll off my back like water on a duck's back. I have also been taught that every relationship is like a bank account. You can only withdraw so much before you have to make a deposit or you are overdrawing. I have waited too long to tell you this. You have drawn out too much from our "bank account".

People ask me why I continue to allow you to drain the relationship. Every time I make an excuse to keep me from admitting what I know to be true. People say I am too soft. Others say I give too many second chances. Some even go as far as to say that I am stupid to keep interacting with you and I should cut off all ties. Maybe it is true. My problem is that I keep hoping that every time I give you a second chance that you have changed and become better. I genuinely love to believe that everyone is trying to be good. I keep hoping every time I give you another chance that it will turn out differently. I keep holding on to a hope that deep inside of me I know doesn't exist. It would take a miracle for the result to be different.

This relationship isn't working. This relationship isn't healthy for me. Interacting with you drains me to the point where I am so drained that I get depressed. My friends and those who know me well would say I tend to be a pretty cheerful person. Yet, whenever I am around you, my depression gets the best of me. I am tired of trying when I feel walked over.

I have meaning to say this for a while, I am done with this relationship. It is draining me too much. Until you prove otherwise, I am cutting off all ties.

Sincerely,

Someone Taking Back Their Self-Respect