An Open Letter To My Future Husband

An Open Letter To My Future Husband

I've prayed for you.

13
An Open Letter To My Future Husband
Grace-Life Church

Dear Future Husband,

I want to thank you for coming into my life and sweeping me off of my feet because I am very picky when it comes to men. It takes a special someone to not only put a ring on my finger but to have an unbreakable bond with you. I am very thankful for you as I pray every day and night that someone like you will enter my life. Here's to the many adventures and surprises that our life holds together. There are some things that I would like for you to know that I believe in, even if we are in the twenties and I will have to find this article for our wedding day just to remind you...

I do not believe in divorce.

IF that day comes, I want you to know that I do not want to have a divorce unless it is truly needed between the both of us. I plan to love you with all of my heart and I really pray that you do the same. Honesty, trust, and loyalty are the three main ingredients to make a relationship last and I really pray that you have all three.

I am not the typical woman.

The saying "you have fun until you are married" will not apply to us. I want adventures, surprises, and many days of laughter between us. I was spoiled by my parents, but that does not mean that when I want something now I cannot have it. I will work for it, whether it is long hours of grading papers or praying for a miracle, I can handle my own. I will have your back through every struggle and I hope you will have mine.

I want kids.

If you know me, you know that I absolutely adore children. Whether we decide to adopt or not, I really do want little boys. I want a little boy to take fishing and to baseball practice and I want a little girl to out fish her brother and get down and dirty like the little boys do, but I want to her to be the princess that she deserves to be.

I have prayed for you.

I am 18 years old and I pray first thing every morning and last thing every night. I pray that we have a special bond of love that is unbreakable and that our kids will one day be able to say that "daddy and mommy" really love each other. I watched my grandparents truly love each other through their hard times and I expect nothing less than the best.

I am a handful, yet simple.

Have you ever witnessed me in the middle of an intense ball game? Well, that is what I mean. I would much rather be fishing or watching a ball game than shopping. I want you to be my cornhole partner and win future tournaments with me, so I can prove that not all ladies like wining and dining. I can tell you how I feel in a heartbeat, but I also can sit still and look pretty.

I want your family to love me.

Many in-laws do not like each other and I pray that is different because your family will soon be my family. My family may be bent, but it is not broken and I pray you understand that. As long as your siblings and parents love me I will be perfectly fine with marrying you.

I have a southern state of mind.

That being said, ask my daddy for permission on marrying me. It would mean the world to him and also pray to my granddaddy even though you may have never met him, his opinion still means the world to me. Hold the door, flowers are always wonderful, dirt roads and bonfires are my favorite. I can handle the city, but I do want to live in the country.

Thank you for sweeping me off of my feet. I plan a life full of adventures starting from day one of dating and meeting you. I hope you can deal with my sass and being outgoing all of the time.