An Open Letter to Aaron Rodgers

An Open Letter to Aaron Rodgers

Someone's gotta say it.

74
An Open Letter to Aaron Rodgers
Leon Halip / Getty Images North America

Dear Mr. Rodgers,

There haven't been many beautiful days in your neighborhood, lately.

Given that I live in the land of 10,000 lakes; and not the land of cheese curds and Spotted Cow, it's often difficult for me to display my fandom of the Green Bay Packers. Most seasons, I've been lucky to ignore the trash talk from Vikings fans with relative ease. Given that their past several seasons have been perpetual "building years," coupled with the fact that the Pack have been kings of the North for so long, criticism could be shrugged right off.

That's no longer the case.

The Vikings are scary. We're no longer the strongest in the division. Despite all of the weapons we have on offense, and an O-line that consistently gives you eons in the pocket, I've been getting worried watching my QB.

You're in a funk.

A slump, the Yips, call it what you will, but something's definitely happening with you. You've been inaccurate. You've thrown some Favre-esqe picks. You're not nearly as dangerous when rolling out of the pocket.

It's starting to scare me.

For many other teams in the league, there's a constant struggle to find a starting QB from season to season. In my lifetime, I've only known two quarterbacks for the Green Bay Packers. That's something I'm really proud of, and you should be, too. The Packers have a unique experience with their fan base, and the love and support we have for our quarterback is no exception. You're our fearless leader and the face of our franchise. We've been lucky to have this amazing consistency, so it's just strange to think something might be wrong. But it's pretty evident that something's not right.

A couple seasons ago, you were quantifiably one of the best quarterbacks in the league. If one of my friends said, "Your QB sucks," it was easy to say, "Uh, no. He doesn't." Now your stats are not only career lows for yourself, they are some of the worst in the league. Given last season, and your performance thus far this year, it's getting more and more difficult to defend you.

Unfortunately I'm not an expert on football, I'm just a fan. I don't know what the problem is or how to help you. But something's up. Two years ago, you told us to relax, and that's sort of become a mantra. No matter how bad things look, you remain level-headed, calm, and relaxed.

This may sound harsh. You're my QB, and I'm behind you all the way. But I think you need to stop relaxing.

Most Sincerely,

TJ Koziol