An Open Call For President Trump's New Dog

Since 1901, presidents have had a pet, so here are the Top 5 Dogs that President Trump should consider for the "First Dog."

80
The Odyssey

With all the crazy things that are happening in a president’s life, between dealing with international crises to domestic issues, sometimes an animal companion is what they need to relieve the stress and craziness of their job. President Trump has been facing some tough criticism about lots of issues, there is one issue that he most certainly must address: a presidential pet. President Trump has been the first president since 1901 to not have a presidential pet. Granted he still has until April to find a dog, because that is when President Obama got Bo. But, because I know that he is having a hard time right now with all the craziness and accusations, here is a list of 5 dogs that President Trump should get as his Presidential Pet, the "First Dog."

1. Russian Mastiff

Since the beginning of the administration, the biggest thing that has been plaguing the Trump team has been the slew of Russian interactions and allegations. Why not have President Trump commemorate his troubles by getting a dog that is quite on the nose with its name. Much like the president, a Russian or Tiberian Mastiff is an aloof dog who is also fiercely loyal to its owner, perfect for our President who seems to be loyal to many interests as much as he claims to be loyal to one. It would be a good idea for the President to have a dog that remains loyal to him, even if he is not that loyal to the American people.

2. Chinese Crested Dog

While he does say that he hates China, we all know that President Trump can’t say no to this cute dog. A good contrast to the President’s own behavior, the Chinese Crested Dog is a playful, affectionate dog that can help the President settle down after a day of crazy tweets and security briefings on how his predecessor totally spied on him. (Hint: he didn’t.)

3. Shih Tzu

Yet another dog that is from President Trump’s not favorite place, the Shih Tzu is another cute dog that has its origins in China. Another fiercely loyal and affectionate dog that can also become stubborn without the proper care, much like the President himself, the name Shih Tzu is also a good way to help parents exclaim their annoyance with the President and his policies by saying “Oh Shihtzu” whenever they hear something that is quite frustrating and have to express it in front of their children.

4. Caucasian Mountain Dog

Much like the name itself, the Mountain dog is a good choice for President Trump considering many of his supporters seem to have a lot of pride in their culture. The mountain dog is a strong, powerful, and dominant creature that seems to match the President's personality. However, there is one aspect of the dog's personality that President Trump should try to adopt, which is calm. Let's hope that a calm Caucasian Mountain Dog is the companion for the president.

5. German Shepherd

With such an electric presidency, we know that President Trump has many threats against him and his administration. A dog that he may need should combine not only a way for the President to protect himself, but to also have a way that projects his strength. The obvious answer? A German Shepherd. The German Shepherd is an intelligent, obedient dog that makes for a great guard dog. With a president that may or may not be one of the most interesting men to become the holder of the high office in the United States, he will need all the protection he can get.

Either way, whatever dog that President Trump picks, we hope that the dog and Trump will be able to live in the White House without many problems.