Online Therapy and Taking Care of Your Mental Health

Let's make 2022 our best year ever!

17

The last couple of years have been full of ups and downs. Everyone is on this rollercoaster ride together, but for some people, these ups and downs are more severe. It’s no surprise that the COVID-19 pandemic has fueled a lot of negative emotions, especially anxiety and depression.

With many of us shut inside, it can feel isolating at times. In 2020 alone, 1 in 5 people over 18 years old reported struggling with their mental health. That’s almost 53 million people! That statistic alone demonstrates that no one is really alone.

There’s never any shame in asking for help. Fortunately, stigma against mental illness seems to be decreasing over the years. More people are willing to admit that they’re not okay.

Why Online Therapy Matters

Talking about your problems is one of the healthiest ways to take care of your mental health. Confiding in a close friend can be really comforting, but at the end of the day, turning to a professional is the best option.

A therapist can help you navigate your problems and provide insight into why you may be feeling a certain way. As a trained professional, a therapist has abundant knowledge of mental health. Not only can they help you identify your emotions, but they can also offer ways to alleviate the discomfort or stress you’re feeling.

Online therapy is more accessible than ever. It’s the go-to option for so many people because they can do it from the comfort of their homes. It’s easier to fit around their schedules, and it’s a safe option during the pandemic.

Having weekly check-ins with an online therapist helps you track your emotions over time. It gives you the opportunity to reflect on your experiences and helps expand your emotional vocabulary. A lot of the time, describing a problem is half the battle. Labeling how we feel can make the emotion seem less abstract and intimidating.

Finding the Right Online Therapy for You

Once you decide to invest in your mental wellbeing by attending online therapy, what’s next? How do you know what online therapy service is right for you? There are so many options out there, and each comes with its own advantages and disadvantages.

The good news is that a lot of the research has been done for you! Check out these BetterHelp reviews to see how patients felt about their experiences with the service. BetterHelp is just one of many options, but it stands out among the rest. From highly trained online therapists to available discounts, BetterHelp is a holistic and reliable resource that tons of people rely on.

Every person and their struggles are unique. There’s no one size fits all when it comes to mental health. You need a therapist who’s the right fit for you. BetterHelp employs a wide range of online therapists well-equipped to help with many different issues. You don’t need to settle.

The most important quality in therapy is feeling comfortable enough to open up authentically. Speaking from the heart will bring about the best results!

Moving Forward

When you choose to seek help, you’re taking the first step in a journey to better yourself. Mental health is just as important as physical health. You wouldn’t ignore a broken arm, so why ignore your negative emotions?

Online therapy is an essential tool in maintaining good mental health. It’s never too late to lean on a professional for help. Learn more about BetterHelp and their mental health services. You can start seeing a professional in just a few days.