Online Classes Require More Discipline Than I Thought

But at the end of the semester, it will all be worth it.

22
Photo by Kevin Bhagat on Unsplash

When I found out that classes were going online for the rest of the semester, I was sad and extremely nervous. I was sad because my freshman year of college ended a little earlier than expected (thanks COVID-19), and I was nervous because doing strictly online classes for the next month was going to be a challenge.

The day that online classes started, I spent a collective total of 10 hours doing school work. I completely underestimated how much time and effort were going to go into getting all my work done. That day, I realized that doing online classes was going to take a lot of discipline if I wanted to successfully complete all of my assignments.

I am a huge procrastinator and Netflix watcher, so forcing myself to get my work done every day is very challenging. Every night, I make a to-do list of what needs to be completed the next day, starting with the things that, with no question, have to be done. To make it even easier, I also try to do work for classes that I would have gone to that day if classes were still in-person.

There are days where I barely do anything, and then there are days where I grind and do work non-stop. It is a little harder with everything being online because it is all on you to make sure that you get assignments done by the due date. But at the end of the semester, it will all be worth it.

If you're in the same boat as me, keep going, you got this.