When I found out that classes were going online for the rest of the semester, I was sad and extremely nervous. I was sad because my freshman year of college ended a little earlier than expected (thanks COVID-19), and I was nervous because doing strictly online classes for the next month was going to be a challenge.
The day that online classes started, I spent a collective total of 10 hours doing school work. I completely underestimated how much time and effort were going to go into getting all my work done. That day, I realized that doing online classes was going to take a lot of discipline if I wanted to successfully complete all of my assignments.
I am a huge procrastinator and Netflix watcher, so forcing myself to get my work done every day is very challenging. Every night, I make a to-do list of what needs to be completed the next day, starting with the things that, with no question, have to be done. To make it even easier, I also try to do work for classes that I would have gone to that day if classes were still in-person.
There are days where I barely do anything, and then there are days where I grind and do work non-stop. It is a little harder with everything being online because it is all on you to make sure that you get assignments done by the due date. But at the end of the semester, it will all be worth it.
If you're in the same boat as me, keep going, you got this.
- Turning to Online Classes ›
- Things to remember during coronavirus social distancing ›
- This Is The Love-Hate Story Of Midwesterners And Snow ›
- The dramatic snowfall in Georgia ›
- They Aren't Fun Anymore ›
- We Need to Talk About Educational Inequality ›
- The 15 Best UMN Classes You Didn't Even Know Existed ›
- 15 Gen Eds Worth Taking At Penn State ›
- 5 Reasons Why Online Classes Are Better ›
- Ways to Enjoy Summer Even When Taking Summer Classes ›
- 6 Pieces of Style Inspiration for your Online Classes ›
- Why Universities Switching To Online Classes Is A Good Thing ›
- 10 Easy-A Classes Everyone Should Take ›
- 5 Things to Consider Before Taking An Online Class ›
- The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly of Taking an Online Class ›
- Reasons Why Online Classes Are The Worst ›
- Coronavirus and Zoom: How online classes are going at closed ... ›
- Teaching Online Classes During The COVID-19 Pandemic : NPR ›
- MasterClass Online Classes ›
- How Do Online Classes Work? Online Student Experience | SNHU ›
- Easyclass | Create your digital classroom for free... ›
- 45 Free Online Classes to Improve Your Career - The Muse ›
- Udemy: Online Courses - Learn Anything, On Your Schedule ›
- edX | Free Online Courses by Harvard, MIT, & more ›
- Coursera | Build Skills with Online Courses from Top Institutions ›
- Online Classes for Creatives | Skillshare ›