5 Reasons Why Online Classes Are Better
Education

5 Reasons Online Classes Are Better Than The Traditional Classroom

I admit, I was nervous when I first started taking online classes, but I wouldn't choose to step foot in another classroom again.

504
https://www.pexels.com/photo/461077/

When I first switched majors, I was a little terrified when I learned the majority of my classes would be online. While some were offered in a traditional classroom, after a few weeks into my first semester taking 15 credit hours, all online, I realized how much more I enjoyed taking online classes. I found myself becoming more productive and using my time more efficiently. Since starting online classes, I've seen so many benefits to online classes and I would dread having to take a class in a traditional classroom. Online courses allow you to study and focus when and where you want and are more structured than other classes.

1. Fits with your schedule.

If you work full time or have other obligations, taking courses online allows you to plan around your everyday life. Of course, school is my priority, but I don't have to worry about working around class times. Taking online classes has allowed me to work two part-time jobs, be apart of a sorority, and STILL have some free time!

2. Allows you to learn the way you choose.

All students learn in different ways, which is why I find that professors provide students with more resources and guides in order to be successful. Before starting online classes I found myself struggling based on how some professors taught. In online classes, you can learn how you like, whether it's through PowerPoints, papers, reading, or other assignments.

3. There aren't any 'surprise' assignments.

My professors listed out all the major assignments and gave a rundown of what the general weekly assignment expectations would be in the syllabus. There were many times in my other classes that the teacher would give us a lengthy assignment to complete before the next class. In online classes, everything is neatly laid out in the syllabus or within the modules in the course.

4. Can still easily contact the professor.

When I first signed up for online courses, I was a little nervous that contact between my professors and I would be minimal since I have no face-to-face contact. If professors are full time, they still have office hours. Even if a professor doesn't, they respond to emails fairly quickly and are willing to meet with you if there is a larger concern.

5. Due dates keep you focused.

I took a class in high school and it wasn't the best experience. There were no due dates, except for one at the very end of the semester when everything was due. I was nervous I would forget about assignments, but the syllabus and modules help you look at future assignments. If you have extra free time one week, you're able to catch up on work or work on a future assignment.