#NotMyPresident
Politics

#NotMyPresident

I would like to start this off by acknowledging the following: I am not upset because a Republican got elected. I am upset because this is a man that constantly insults and degrades fellow human beings.

435
#NotMyPresident

I would like to start this off by acknowledging the following: I am not upset because a Republican got elected. If that were the case, I'd be miserable living in my state of Florida. Although I am a bleeding-heart liberal, I respect the opinion of others and the decision that a democracy entails. However; the election of Donald Trump is a vastly different situation.

Firsthand, this is a man who has had not one, not two, but more than ten cases of sexual assault charges. I've often heard the argument that trump wasn't the first male who's been involved in sexual assault charges, but guess what, while their actions are deplorable and disgusting, I'm talking about our current president elect, so I'm focusing on him and his deplorable actions.

Trump is notorious for insults and sexist comments.Let's begin with his insults and derogatory remarks against women. When speaking about his former opponent Carly Fiorina, he said no one would vote for her because of her face. When he bought the Miss USA pageant in 1997, he said he was going to change the pageant by id ‘I’m going to get the bathing suits to be smaller and the heels to be higher’.” He made a list of the women he'd like to have sex with.He referred to Rosie o' Donnell as a "fat, ugly woman".

Trump told a woman that her breastfeeding a baby was "disgusting", called a female journalist a dog, told a woman that her dropping to her knees "must be a pretty picture", said Hillary Clinton couldn't satisfy her husband therefore unable to satisfy America, called Megan Kelly a bimbo, and of course, who could forget the infamous video where he claimed to "move on her like a b*" and "grab her by the p*".

When it comes to Latinos and Hispanics, Trump claimed that many of the Mexican immigrants are "rapists and drug dealers". He insisted the Mexican government sends the "bad" immigrants on purpose, made a snarky remark towards Jeb Bush because his wife is Mexican.

Trump didn't leave out racists or ethnocentric actions either. He was sued by the justice department twice for not renting to black people. When speaking to the House subcommittee on native American affairs in 1993 he said, “they don’t look like Indians to me... They don’t look like Indians to Indians." He stereotyped Jews by telling them "I'm a negotiator, like you folks" when referring to blacks he said, "You're living in poverty, your schools are no good, you have no jobs, 58% of your youth is unemployed -- what the hell do you have to lose?" At a rally, he pointed to a black individual and exclaimed "...oh, look at my African American over here. Look at him."

This is a man who wants Muslims to register in a database.

This is a man with sexual charges hanging over his head. A reality tv star and rich icon who has insulted people all his life. Excuse me if I refuse to acknowledge this man as my future president. I will not accept a sexist, racist, and ethnocentric man such as Donald Trump as my president. My reasoning stands as follows. It is more than him saying a mere "mean things" the president of the United States is arguably one of the most important people in the world. I will not tolerate a person who stoops so low to demoralize human beings. America is supposed to be the land of opportunity and the land of equality. The man endorsed by the KKK says otherwise.