Bianca Del Rio’s Not Today Satan Tour Review

It's always a good time
573

If you have no idea who Bianca Del Rio is, this is basically what you need to know: she is a clown-like drag queen that performs raunchy and quite witty comedy. Rightful Season 6 winner of the reality-competition TV show Rupaul’s Drag Race, she is incredibly quick and amazing at cracking (good!) jokes on the spot.

This was not my first Bianca Del Rio show (and hopefully not my last!). Her first show, Rolodex of Hate, which toured last year, was a success. After some time off and more completed projects on the way, she is back on the road for another round of shade and tea spewing.

The great thing I noticed about this show in particular is that her material isn't just exclusively for the gays, the queer community or the Drag Race fans. It is geared more toward that audience, yes, but she does make an effort to poke fun at more stuff that is relatable to a more general audience. For example, she exclaimed her hate for the Kardashian-Jenner clan and told a story about an eventful night at the airport that was quite amusing yet slightly cringe worthy. Also with going to this show in particular, I observed that there seemed to be all sorts of walks of life there, but I wouldn’t be surprised if most of them at least have seen Drag Race before.

One of the things I love about Bianca Del Rio shows is that they are always seated. I was a little worried this time around because she chose a venue in my city that is known for only having standing room. Low and behold, when I got there, I almost shed a tear about how happy I was to see chairs. I personally hate standing for drag shows and concerts alike. After waiting in line, waiting for the show to start, I usually just want to sit down and enjoy the show (rather than stand). Also as someone who is short, seating allows me to see way better than if I was at a standing show.

The show was supposed to start at 8:00, and unlike most drag queens, Bianca was only a little late, coming on stage at 8:09. (For those experienced with attending drag shows, you know that a show never starts on time. Being on stage about a half hour late is more common).

The show is scheduled to run from 8:00pm to 9:30pm, but it was over around 9:10pm for me. For those worried about being out late on a school or work night, this isn’t that bad at all.

In conclusion: for those of you who already know who Bianca Del Rio is, have seen her, etc, I hope you already bought your tickets by now. Bianca shows for me personally are always a treat. As a true bitch with a heart of gold and the mouth of your outspoken, slightly drunken aunt, she is one of my favorite drag queens. She will have you gagging, laughing, and cheering. It's always a great time, even when you are like me, and by yourself, because you have no friends that will go to drag shows with you. (Lol side note, I brought a magazine with me to pass the time waiting in line and for the show to start. I almost finished it).