6 Subtle Ways To Make A Woman Feel Closer To You
relationships

6 Ways To Get Close To A Woman You're Interested In Without Scaring Her Away

Work your way to her heart without hurting yours in the process!

692
https://www.pexels.com/photo/bench-countryside-couple-dating-450050/

This article is actually inspired by a question that I was asked by one of my best friends.

That question was:

"Just how would a guy show his interest in a girl properly?... I feel like I either go too far or not far enough with it in my own experience".

I honestly loved this question the instant I heard it because it made me reflect on some of the qualities that I consider to be both attractive and unattractive in the men who choose to pursue me.

In the interest of helping you guys out, I've constructed the following list of six ways for you to get close to any woman you're interested in without scaring her away.

Most of these are actually the same tips that I gave my guy friend during our conversation, and they are also very easy to implement.

Although I can't guarantee that they'll work for you 100% of the time, I can say that you'll have at least one woman's interest if you choose to keep them in mind from now on (and by that, I humorously mean me).

1. Be mysterious with your feelings and show her you have other options. 

media.giphy.com

You know what doesn't make any sense...sort of? I find that I'm more attracted to a man who chooses to express the tiniest level of interest in me (and then gradually increases that expressiveness of interest as time goes on).

For instance, I was friends with this one guy (now blocked) who didn't seem to know when to stop making moves on me. It was just such a HUGE turn-off, and I had had absolutely enough.

See, the mystery in not knowing exactly how a man feels about me too early on is something that I consider to be extremely sexy.

Why is that? Well, because then I have the tendency to wonder if the reason why he's choosing not to express as much interest in me is because he's got another woman on his mind.

The fact that she may not necessarily be me makes me frustrated, and hence, want the guy more for myself. Kind of evil, isn't it?

2. Ask questions that give her the opportunity to brag. 

media.giphy.com

I almost thought to leave this tip written as, "Ask her questions about herself." However, I soon realized how all too simple and unexplanatory that piece of advice actually is.

On the contrary, another way to get close to a woman you're interested in is to ask questions which will require her to brag to you about herself in as many ways as possible.

I've always loved bragging to other guys about my accomplishments.

In doing this, I not only get to show them why I'm worth pursuing, but I also get to share information with them that I find most admirable about myself (and that just makes my self-confidence so much stronger at the moment).

Ask her how her internship is going, how she's enjoying her new job, etc. Any question that requires her to brag about herself will do!

3. Check on her every once in a while (but don't overdo it). 

media.giphy.com

The same guy I was talking about earlier (not my best friend, the blocked one), was also a culprit of overdoing the checking-in on me part.

I was totally fine with getting a text from him every once in a while about how my life was going, but then it got to a point where I just grew annoyed with his efforts completely.

It wasn't that I didn't like him checking on me, it was because I felt like he didn't have anything better to do.

I like knowing that a man cares about me to some extent, but not so much that he seems to lack other interests besides me.

So men, feel free to check on her every once in a while (especially if you haven't heard from her in a while).

Just please, please, don't overdo it.

4. Be there for her during the times she can't be there for herself. 

media.giphy.com

Most guys don't seem to be too fond of emotions, so when I finally come across a man who isn't afraid to acknowledge that I have them, he becomes instantly more attractive to me.

I'm so much more likely to fall for a guy if he chooses to console me when I'm sad or frustrated about something. Of course, this is because those are the times when I'm most vulnerable.

Fortunately, it is these same times of vulnerability which give him the chance to step in and show me what a desirable guy he is by being a source of much-needed comfort.

It's kind of like seeing him as my hero when no one else is there to play the part.

From that moment on, I'll usually always feel the need to be good to him for being such a sweetheart when I needed him to the most.

5. Become a part of her life in simple ways. 

media.giphy.com

This is where social media comes in! If you want to make a woman feel closer to you, then why not show her you actually exist by "liking" her Facebook and Instagram posts every so often?

I also suggest leaving compliments on some of her best pictures (but again, don't overdo it).

Your best option would probably be to wait until a few other people have commented on them before you actually make your subtle move.

While doing this may not guarantee that she'll become interested in you in the future, it's definitely the best of these tips to implement in order to avoid getting yourself hurt in the long run.

After all, practically everyone uses social media, so it's not going to seem odd of you to engage with her on it in the ways suggested here.

6. Engage in what I like to call "the get her alone gradually" tactic. 

media.giphy.com

Of course, I chose to save the strangest strategy for last. First of all, if I have no intimate interest in a guy, then there's no way I'll let myself be alone with him for as long as I can help it.

A guy that I am interested in, however, that's different. I welcome any alone time that I can get with him.

Why? Well, because then he'll probably feel more inclined to make a move or say something that he refrained from saying or doing when we were around other people.

Now, let's discuss exactly what I mean when I say "get her alone gradually." Let's say you and I are talking to each other on campus, perhaps in a noisy location like the Student Union.

We then end our conversation on a good note, and travel to a slightly quieter (but still public) location the next time we talk. The quieter and less public the location becomes, the more comfortable I start to feel around you.

But it has to happen gradually!

It's only when the two of us actually start dating that I'll most likely be okay with us going a little further by hanging out at my apartment or something. Think of it as you working your way to my heart over time. It might work for her, too!