Cyclebar Is The Newest Spin Class That You Need To Try

NOLA's latest boutique spin studio.

29

Earlier in the summer, my sister Noelle and I went to check out the new cycling studio Cyclebar that just opened in Uptown New Orleans (3823 Magazine St). When I've visited NYC and Chicago, I've tried and completely fallen in love with SoulCycle and Flywheel. A total newbie to spin, I loved how both studios lowered the lights and blasted the high-energy club music. The instructors were motivational, and it was an all-encompassing, multisensorial workout experience that totally motivated me. Plus, when I wore my heart rate monitor, I saw that I'd burn between 400-500 calories - a win-win all around! When I would return to Nola, I'd be so disappointed that neither one of these companies had studios in New Orleans. So, I was thrilled to return this summer and learn about the opening of Cyclebar. They offered a week's worth of free classes, and I was psyched to discover that the studio had a similar concept to the other major studios I tried -- low lights, loud music, and high energy instructors. Cyclebar also embraces the same competitive atmosphere. Periodically, every user's stats flash up on the big TV monitors, so you can see how you compare to everyone else in the class. The one innovation I happily experienced in Cyclebar was the addition of music videos up on the screens.

The studio was very welcoming and comfortable too. Shoes are included in the price of the class, and the studio has filtered water if you bring your own water bottle. During the intro week, the studio also gave out free water bottles. They also offer apples and bananas, and they have lockers for your belongings.

When people ask me how I like spin compared to yoga or other workouts, I also say that it's one of the best options out there for a total cardio burn. Plus, I like that it's a workout that really focuses on building leg strength, something that can often get left to the wayside if you don't lift or you're a runner. Although it's predominantly leg focused, there is a weighted bar on your bike that you use for a short arm-focused strength segment.

If you love loud music, burning major calories, or are going through SoulCycle or Flywheel withdrawal in NOLA, then I definitely recommend hitting up Cyclebar!

https://nolauptown.cyclebar.com

CYCLEBAR NOLA UPTOWN

3823 Magazine Street
New Orleans, LA 70115