I am enjoying my teenage years very much, but they are coming to an end very soon. To be completely honest, I still think of myself as being, like, 14 years old. In my head, I am just a 14-year-old Joy strolling around town going to college. 14-year-olds typically do not go to college for obvious reasons, they are 14, but yet in my mind here I am.
I don't mean this in a way that my maturity level is very low, I believe it's where it should be, but I mean this in such a way that I didn't think worrying about paying bills and student loan debt would come so quick. Sometimes I really think the days are going super slow and dragging on, but then I remember that I'm about to no longer be a teenager and will be off my parent's insurance before I know it.
Yes, there are so many things I want to do in my life that I'm coming closer to now more than ever, like graduating college and getting married, but this means the "I'm just a teenager" excuse will no longer be valid. I cannot blame my mistakes on my youth because I am now really an adult. I was an adult when I turned 18, obviously, but it's like I really, really am one now.
I am sure I'm being overly dramatic because I am literally only turning 20, a very insignificant age, but it feels like a big deal. I certainly don't look like I'm about to be 20, considering not even a whole year ago my boyfriend and I got IDed two times to see an R-rated movie, and I certainly don't feel like I'm about to be in my twenties. I just feel like there is a big storm comin' that I'm just not quite prepared for yet.
- What You Should Know Before Entering Your Teenage Years ›
- 20 Things I Learned by 20 ›
- Why 20 Is The Weirdest Age ›
- Turning 20 As Told by Winston Schmidt from "New Girl" ›
- 19 Things I Embraced At 19 ›
- 20 Weird Things About Your Twenties ›
- 20 Things Most Girls Live To Understand By 20 ›
- 20 Lessons You Learn By The Time You're 20 As Told By Friends ›
- CEED - no longer a teenager - The Centre for Earth Evolution and ... ›
- i turn 20 today and feel pretty sad I'm no longer a teenager ... ›
- 10 Things You Only Realize About Life When You're Not a Teenager ... ›
- Julio Urias, though no longer 'The Teenager,' remains important to ... ›
- 21 Reasons To Be Grateful You're No Longer A Teen ›
- Feb 3 — no longer a teenager Gerald Locklin | Poetry Blog: "A Work ... ›