How to invoke nostalgia during the holiday seasons

8 Ways To Relive Your Childhood During The Holidays

Let's face it, it's just not the same as an adult.

44

During the holidays it's easy to get swooped up into the stress and busyness that comes with being an adult. it always seems like it was much more enjoyable as a kid when you didn't have to do anything but show up, open presents and eat. Here are some ways to still pretend to be a child during the holidays.

1. Build a Fort

Get some blankets and pillows and build a cozy fort. Throw up some extra Christmas lights to add to the festivity.

2. Watch Your Favorite Holiday Movie

The Grinch, Nightmare Before Christmas, Rudolph, all of the classics give you that warm fuzzy feeling like it's the first time you're watching them. Pop one in to watch while in your fort.

3. Eat a Bunch of Cookies and Treats

Bake some cookies to eat. Or don't bake them and just eat the dough. Grab a tub of frosting and just go to down. This time you won't have a parent to yell at you when you get caught.

4. Drink Some Hot Chocolate

Grab the marshmallows and the candy canes. Make yourself a delicious cup of hot chocolate to enjoy, add whipped cream and anything else you think would taste good!

5. Make Decorations and Crafts

I don't know about you but as a child I loved all things glitter glue and coloring. Make some decorations or cards, get the creative juices flowing!

6. Make a Christmas List

Do you remember how excited you used to get to write Santa a letter? Now you don't have to write one specifically to him but make a list of the gifts you want to receive You never know, you could get something!

7. Wear Festive Pajamas

The more obnoxious the better! Does it have antlers attached to the hood? Footies? Get all nice and cozy as you wait to wake for the celebration to come.

8. Play in the Snow

If you live in an area that gets snow for the holidays, throw on some snow pants and go play around. Make a snowman, throw some snowballs. If you don't live somewhere with snow see if there's a ski resort somewhere. Indoor or out. Fake snow is will do!