Thanks To My Ex, I Have No Desire To Date Anymore

Everyone has the 'bad one' while dating, but my ex ruined it so much for me that the thought of dating is nauseating.

4032

It's been a while since I've written a deep-emotional article. Maybe that's a good thing because them my life isn't as much of a shit show as I thought. But with Valentine's Day around the corner and everyone seems to be "falling in love" around you, it starts to take a toll on some people. Not me, the thought of dating does not sound appealing at all.

Now don't think of me as some kind of Scrooge, but if you have gone what I went through you'd probably feel the same way. There are more women [and men] who are staying single longer today than ever before. Maybe it's because chivalry is dead, or nobody knows how to treat each other.

It's been a year since I've been in a committed relationship, and boy did it fly by. But at the same time, has felt like an eternity. Recently I have been looking back on what I have succumbed to since. I've been on like two dates since. It's not that the person was bad or anything, it's just the thought of opening up and being vulnerable to another human being and risking the chance of being sexually abused, beaten, and just having those memories of horror in my head brought back up to the surface.

I can't help it that I feel this way. I don't want to feel this way because there are great guys out there. But having that burden to carry while meeting someone new almost makes me sick. You're probably thinking that I'm being dramatic and am not ready to date yet, and you're right, I'm not. But dating has just left a baaaaad taste in my mouth. Hope there is someone out there that can prove me wrong.