New Year's Resolutions…Naw, Not for Me
Health Wellness

New Year's Resolutions…Naw, Not for Me

Resolutions...who needs 'em?

97
New Year's Resolutions…Naw, Not for Me

It's that time again. December ends and most people are looking forward to the new year. A fresh start, a clean slate. And then comes that dreaded question: what is your new year's resolution? Like many, I would sit back and reflect over the past year and think about the things I would like to accomplish in the new year. I often end up feeling disappointed since all the resolutions I had set out to complete remain uncompleted.

Then came "One Word." For the new year, you asked to choose one word that will be focused on for the entire year leading to positive changes in your life. Out of all the words I chose, none of them stuck.

This year I have decided to ditch words and resolutions. I was tired of picking things to change about myself: eat healthy, read more, write more, learn a new language. The word thing didn't work, either. I went through a plethora of words and by February I was spent. This was no way to start off a new year. For 2019, I refuse to be tangled up in words and declarations of change. I will just continue to be me. We are always growing and changing.

Why do we need the start of a year to put an emphasis on this? You can start at any time you choose to better yourself. Don't let that baby with sagging diaper dictate how you should start off the new year. Continue to be wonderfully you. Make tweaks every now and then if you feel you need to, but on your terms and your timeframe.