5 Of The Most Cliche New Year's Resolutions

"Only 8% of people actually keep their New Years resolutions."

950
Twitter

2017 is over. Cheers to 2018 and a new year filled with new beginnings and resolutions. A new year is very exciting because in a way it's a fresh start. With that being said, so many people set resolutions for themselves in the new year. Truthfully, many of those resolutions are not even sought out or tried to be accomplished, but sadly failed. According to Huffington Post, "Only 8% of people actually keep their New Years resolutions." Below is a list of New Year resolutions that are very common but most people do not accomplish them.

1. To go to the gym more often and lose weight!

This is a great goal and it's terrific to strive to be a healthier you! Sadly, many people set this goal and go to the gym for a few days then quit. In order to be a healthier you, you must put in the effort and really want it, it cannot be a petty new years resolution.

2. To be a nicer person

Let's be honest. If this is your New Year's resolution, you just aren't a nice person. Having to fake "niceness" just isn't genuine. Even if you're trying to be nicer, you will soon realize it just isn't you.

3. To enjoy life to the fullest

News flash, if you want to enjoy life more, then stop focusing on not enjoying it. People who make this as their resolution overthink WAY too much and will end up not accomplishing this resolution. Please relax more and just live in the moment, stop thinking about trying to have fun and just have fun.

4. Spend more time with family and friends

This might be the worst one of them all. In order for someone to make this a resolution, they must not be on track with their values. You should already be spending time with your loved ones. If you are not already spending time with your loved ones then you probably won't in the future.

5. Be more organized

Let's be real, people who make this their resolution are messy people. Messy people will always be messy. They can try to be more organized but they will slowly follow back to their habits.

I hope this gave you a few laughs and reminded you of yourself or someone you know who have tried a resolution but then failed.

From Your Site Articles