Never Change Yourself For Someone Else

Never Change Yourself For Someone Else

You are perfect the way you are.

3559
Never Change Yourself For Someone Else

There was a time in my life when I honestly feel like I lost a part of who I was because I was too busy and too focused on trying to make someone else happy.

So, as a result, I was changing who I was slowly but surely and neglecting all of the things I enjoyed about myself and my own values as a sacrifice for someone else's happiness, pretty stupid huh?

Now that I can look back at this time in my life, I can definitely say it was stupid of me, but that's okay. I was losing pieces of myself simply because I did not think who I was already was good enough, when in fact, I was. I just didn't believe it because it never felt like I was on the inside.

Little did I know, I was only hurting myself in the process.

Sure, I know I am not perfect, but no one is or ever will be. But that doesn't mean that I am not a good person because of it. I like to be sarcastic and have fun, but I know when it is time to be serious and get shit done.

Ultimately, if someone doesn't enjoy the person I am, then they don't deserve a spot in my life anyways.

No one should ever have to feel like they need to act a certain way or change any part of who they are in order to gain approval from others. Whether it relates to relationships or friendships, do not let anyone else dictate who you should be.

If they cannot accept you as the person you are, then they are irrelevant.

You should never have to feel like you need to sacrifice the qualities that make you the happiest just because someone may not agree with it. If anyone makes you feel insecure, let them go and move on.

I know it is easier said than done, especially if you are in this type of toxic situation yourself and maybe don't even realize it yet. It can be hard to recognize when to let go and start gaining your sense of self back again.

But it all comes down to if you can really step back and evaluate either that relationship or friendship you are in and say that you are happy with yourself.

Your happiness should always come first, so if you aren't happy, then what's the point in continuing to suffer?

You deserve better than that.

The moral of the story is, never change any part of who you are to please someone else. When you do that, you are only giving up on yourself. You are the only person who defines who you are, so never place your worth in someone else's hands.

Learn to appreciate the person you are, and the person you will become. Embrace all those weird qualities you have because those are what make you so unique and wonderful. You are plenty good enough the way you are, so never EVER let a single soul make you feel otherwise.

If a relationship or friendship makes you question your worth, abandon ship immediately.

You owe yourself that much and the right people will eventually come into your life and accept all of who you are and that is exactly what you deserve.