My Version Of A Perfect World

My Version Of A Perfect World

It isn't totally impossible.

300
My Version Of A Perfect World
http://www.healthista.com

Everyone has their own idea of a perfect world. After having some time to reflect upon my own insecurities and worries shaped by the values of American society, I thought about what my perfect world would be. Here are some thoughts on what I wish the world could experience.

In my perfect world, body image would not involve comparison.

Young girls would not hope to one day be women with surgically altered imperfections. I would not at times place my worth on how much weight I have lost or gained. My goal would not be to look like someone else, but to be satisfied with the best version of myself. I wouldn't compare myself to the skinnier girl standing next to me. Beauty would have infinite definitions.

In my perfect world, everyone would be respected for their chosen lifestyle.

The truth is, no one is an expert on anything. Given that we would all have the liberty to choose how we live our lives, everyone would respect one another and their choices. At the end of the day, we are all individuals trying to live better lives or trying to better ourselves. Academics don't work for everyone. Office jobs don't work for everyone. The "American Dream" is different for everyone.

In my perfect world, everyone would be a little tougher.

Life throws things at us that we could never expect, and not everyone has the capacity to handle it or to respond in a healthy way. I wish that everyone could have the strength to endure their respective challenges, and be able to come out on top. Whether it is "God-given" or found within, everyone would be inspired by their own strength.

In my perfect world, support for big dreams would be more easily found.

I am a proud dreamer. I believe in doing what makes me happy, whether it makes money or not. Often, young people are not advised to take this route because it is less sensible and less realistic. But in reality, what's a life worth living if not a happy one?

In my perfect world, no one would be afraid to be themselves.

It has now become a courageous feat, to present yourself as you truly are. Most fear that they will be judged for the quirks that make them unique. What I've learned after being in college for a few months and starting over in a new place, is that the things I worry people won't accept is what they end up loving the most. However, we must be fully accepting of ourselves before we can allow others to be as accepting.

In my perfect world, we would all just be.

We would embrace humanity for all that it is, and live.