My Prediction on the teams who will make the playoffs from the American League

October baseball is approaching us very shortly

19

Its finally September which means there's only one more full month of the regular season. Not only is both college football and the start of the NFL season, it also starts the October baseball as postseason ball is just around the corner. There's still a lot to fight for in the American League including the American League East. Will the Boston Red Sox climb over the Toronto Blue Jays for that top spot in the American League East?. Will the depth of the Orioles starting rotation make this team a one and done?. To find out, here are my final spots of who will be and who will be out of the MLB playoffs come October.

American League East: Toronto Blue Jays-Even though I still think my favorite team in the Boston Red Sox have a very good chance in winning the division, the Toronto Blue Jays still seem to be the favorite to win that spot. Toronto just took 2 out of 3 against a good Orioles hitting ball club. In the month of September, the schedule is in favor of Toronto. The only tough games that they really have are against the Red Sox because those games will mean a lot to both ball clubs down the stretch. Their starting rotation has a lot of underrated arms in JA Haap who has arguably been one of the best dominating lefties in the game right now and also Aaron Sanchez which no one would've thought he would have a 13-2 record. The Bluejays lineup from 1-3 have is already scary because those three are not just the best in the American League but there 3 of the best players in baseball. Who wants to face a lineup with the top three hitters such as Jose Bautista, Josh Donaldson, and Edwin Encarnacion?. The only problem that I can see the Blue Jays having is the depth of their starting rotation.

American League Wild Card Teams- The American League Wildcard is really up for grabs as at this point all games are important. Not that games were important earlier in the season but nows the time for what teams really want the World Series championship come October. The two teams that I'm picking to make the Wild Card in the American League are the Boston Red Sox and the Detroit Tigers. Now many of you might be saying why not the Baltimore Orioles?. There's still a good chance that the Orioles can make the playoffs. There currently tied for that second spot with the Tigers. The reason I'm picking is cause of two reasons. The first reason is they just played a crucial series at home against the Blue Jays and they lost 2 out of 3. They scored a total of 4 runs in both their losses. Their lineup is very good with players like Manny Machado, Chris Davis, Mark Trumbo, and others but the problem is their depth of their rotation. Baltimore's Ace Chris Tilman who for the most part had a very good year, is on the disabled list. Who knows how long he will be out for?. Even if he does come back will he be the same type of pitcher. Currently right now in the rotation, the Orioles have alot of starters who are very inconsistent such as Kevin Gausman (who in Tilmans absence seems to try and be that number pitcher), Yovanni Gallardo, and Wade Miley. They also lost one of their best bullpen arms to injury in Darren o Day. The Orioles have to step up with their pitching or else their season will come to an end very shortly. In September if theres any chance that Baltimore does make it, they have a tough road trip the second weekend and the beginning of the 3rd week in September when they play the Tigers and Red Sox. The Tigers seem to be playing good baseball at the right time. Their lineup has great power from top to bottom and there starting pitching has given manager Brad Ausmus quality starts to get to that back end of the bullpen. When you think it's just Miguel Cabrera providing the offense even though he's one of the best players in baseball. Four players who will really carry that offense down the stretch besides Cabrera are: Ian Kinsler, Both Victor and JD Martinez, and Justin Upton who's had a bounce back second half of the year. The Boston Red Sox definitely have a good shot of winning the division but I think their going to settle for the Wild Card. The Red Sox need to keep winning games that they have to win. They don't have many home games left so they need to take advantage of the games that are home for them. The last weekend for the Red Sox at Fenway Park will be very emotional for me. Not only that it's a big series at Fenway against the Toronto Bluejays but it's David Ortiz last weekend of the regular season at Fenway. Big Papi is my favorite player and it'll be hard seeing him leave the city of Boston. Red Sox as a team have gotten great offense besides Papi, Mookie Betts who's seriously in the running for AL MVP, Hanley Ramierez who has played a good first base alongside brining power from the right side, Xander Bogaerts who's the one of the best shortstops in the American League, and Jackie Bradley who continues to play well coming to back to the 9 hole in the lineup. The starting pitching was excellent in the month of August. David Price after a slow start has turning to be the ace that the Red Sox fans want to see, Drew Pomeranz who the sox got in the trade deadline has pitched very well as of late, and Rick Porcello who's absolutely been a stud this year. I expected Porcello to be good but this good. Lets just say he's right now an 18 game winner which explains his success this year. Biggest problem though with this team is the Bullpen. This happened to be one of the strong suits coming into this year but it's not right now. Outside of Craig Kimbrel and Brad Ziegler, the Red Sox don't have enough bullpen arms that they can trust. Clay Bucholz has pitched really well as of late, Matt Barnes and Robbie Ross Jr have proven to have good outings but also not so good outings also. If the Red Sox want to make a deep run at the postseason, their bullpen needs to be addressed sooner than later.

American League Central- The Cleveland Indians will win the American League Central. They been one of the best teams in baseball. Mike Napoli, Francisco Lindor, and Jason Kipnis have really helped their success this season. This team is not an easy out in the postseason

American League West- This is not even a question of who's winning the division. The Texas Rangers are the team to beat in the American League. They have everything working for them and I expect that they'll use it to their advantage in October. Cole Hamels and Yu Darvish in my mind are one of the top 1-2 punches in baseball.

In conclusion, there are many teams who are thinking about playing baseball in October and then there's others who are packing their bags I can't wait for October to see some postseason baseball.